Learning Technology for EFL ESL up date

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2008
      Hi All

      This is just a quick up date on my logging activities. Hope you find something useful here.

      First
      I'd like to say thank you to all the people that have sent messages of
      support for the launch of my new Daily English Activities site for
      students.
      There are now 14 activities live on the site. These are
      tasks which students can do online to improve their English each day.
      Or teachers can print the task sheets and get their students to do them
      in class or for homework.
      http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/

      You can see the sitemap with all the activities listed here: http://tinyurl.com/3udpga

      On
      my technology blog for teachers, I've been looking at a number of
      technologies to see how they can be used for developing language.

      I've
      been looking at a tool which analyses texts for word frequency and then
      produces a rich graphical representation of the text.
      You can see some suggestion here for how to exploit that: http://tinyurl.com/5uh2kk

      I've
      also published a new batch of Second Life video tutorials along with
      suggestions for how to create photo assignments for students:
      http://tinyurl.com/6c5hsq

      I've
      also found a new site which allows students to create AI based chat
      bots and have suggested a range off activities that students can do to
      create their own chat bot;
      http://tinyurl.com/3k4sh9

      I've
      also published a list of some of my favourite education related blogs
      which provide much of the information that I use in my blog postings.
      http://tinyurl.com/5rdbtc

      Lastly,
      if you just want some daily quick links to what's new in education and
      technology then be sure to check my Quick Shout blog at:
      http://quickshout.blogspot.com/

      here's just a few of the postings from rent days:
      Find out about a Web browser designed for Kids
      http://tinyurl.com/3esnb2

      Get a free course on how to use GMail
      http://tinyurl.com/43duhe

      Explore a wonderful tool for creating multimedia projects
      http://tinyurl.com/3tzq6v

      help your students understand more about environmental problems by getting them to play computer games
      http://tinyurl.com/3w5gm3
      http://tinyurl.com/694xet

      And
      last but not least, help your students to develop their vocabulary with
      this wonderful interactive vocabulary development site:
      http://tinyurl.com/4unbdx

      Well
      I hope you find these useful. All the blogs I publish are free and
      carry no advertising and where possible all the resources I link to are
      also free or at least have a free option.

      Best

      Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
      http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/