RES: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] An invitation to collaborate internationally...

  • dorissoares
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1 5:35 AM
      Hi Doris!
      This is Doris Soares, from Brazil.
      I work with adult upper intermediate students at The Naval Academy in Brazil
      and I'd like to have a password to join your community. Could you send one
      to me please?
      Thanks,
      Doris Soares

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5 5:22 AM
        Hi Doris and all EFL teachers with upper-intermediate to advanced students,

        Your students might also be interested in a more structured project,
        mainly for undergraduates, The International Writing Exchange, which has
        been running since 1993. There'll be two six-week international courses
        from September to December this year. Take a look at www.writeit.to/sys
        for details and then get in touch with me off line please.

        Greetings from sunny Finland!
        Ruth

        --
        Ruth Vilmi Online Education Ltd
        E-learning, language checking and translation services

        Ruth's blog: www.writeit.to/ruth
        Gallery: www.writeit.to/ruth/gallery
        Alternative email: ruth.vilmi@...
      • Gavin Dudeney
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6 1:16 AM
          [ apologies for cross posting ]

          Folks,

          On my recent visit to Japan I went to Waseda University in central Tokyo
          (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waseda_University ) to meet with a couple of
          lecturers who are involved in a very interesting project they set up called
          'Cross Cultural Distance Learning' in which their learners have regular
          guided video conferences with learners in other universities (solely in
          Asia, currently). The course is all planned and running, but they are
          looking for partner institutions outside of Asia who might want to get
          involved.

          At the same time they are also looking for creative contacts in the primary
          and high school sectors with which to establish working relationships. If
          anyone on this list is interested in initial contact, please get in touch
          with me and I will pass your details on.

          Thanks in advance,

          Gavin

          c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

          Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770