REMINDER: IATEFL / British Council Exeter Online

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
      Hi Folks,

      Just a reminder that the IATEFL / British Council Exeter Online site is now
      up-and running and gearing up for the launch of the face-to-face conference
      starting next Monday in Exeter, UK. To date we have nearly 1,700 people
      registered online, from over 100 countries and some very lively debates
      going on in the Special Interest Forums.

      From Tuesday next week we will be adding recordings of over 50 sessions
      (audio + PowerPoint and handouts) from the conference, as well as 20 video
      sessions and the following live streamed events:

      TUESDAY 8 APRIL

      Plenary session by Alastair Pennycook

      Pecha Kucha session
      Jeremy Harmer
      Scott Thornbury
      Susan Barduhn
      Lindsay Clandfield
      Gavin Dudeney
      Margit Szesztay
      Jenny Johnson
      Rose Senior
      Adrian Tennant

      THURSDAY 10 APRIL

      British Council signature event
      Mike Solly
      Fiona Bartels-Ellis
      Dr. Catherine Walter
      Harry Kucheh
      Rod Bolitho
      David Valente

      FRIDAY 11 APRIL
      Final Plenary session by Radmila Popovic

      Our online delegates also have the opportunity of winning a variety of
      excellent prizes generously offered by exhibitors and supporters of the
      Exeter Online project. See the site for more details.

      To join this free online event, go to:
      http://exeteronline.britishcouncil.org

      This initiative builds on the earlier collaboration between the British
      Council and IATEFL in Aberdeen last year, which brought together 1,600
      teachers and trainers at the actual conference, and 2,500 online. This year
      we expect a much larger audience, and this is a real opportunity to take
      part in the biggest online ELT training community. We look forward to
      meeting you online, and hope that you will share this information with your
      colleagues worldwide.

      Gavin Dudeney [ Secretary, IATEFL ] and Julian Wing [ British Council Exeter
      Online Project Manager ]