RE: ESL/EFL Sister Classes Project

  • laferlazzo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2008
      Hi, Everybody,
      ESL/EFL teachers from seven countries (Kuwait, Brazil, Argentina, the United
      States, Sudan, Hungary, and Romania) have brought our classes together online
      to correspond and to develop joint projects. You can see some of the first
      efforts by our students in their introductory slideshows, VoiceThreads,
      animated movies and videos at our _Student Showcase_
      (http://esleflstudents.edublogs.org/) .(_http://esleflstudents.edublogs.org/_
      (http://esleflstudents.edublogs.org/) ) Feel free to leave audio or written comments on the VoiceThreads,
      and written comments on the blog itself. Your students are welcome to do the
      same.
      We're also open to other teachers of Intermediate English classes comprised
      of 14-21 year-olds joining us. You can leave a comment or contact me (or any
      of the other teachers who are now participating) directly if you’re
      interested.
      We're exploring a variety of future projects, including creating a Ning-like
      network (but we can't use Ning since my School District blocks it) and
      possibly studying and sharing presentations on topics like how our governments
      work, the effects of globalization on each of our countries, and our countries'
      histories.
      The teachers participating now are _Dot MacKenzie_
      (http://kuwaituniversity.blogspot.com/) , Hala Fawzi, _Ronaldo_ (http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com/) ,
      _Ana Maria_ (http://www.lifefeast.blogspot.com/) , Tibor Prievara, _Rita
      Zeinstejer_ (http://ritamz.ning.com/profile/RitaZeinstejer) , Mona Bran and me.
      Larry Ferlazzo