Re: [IATEFLComputer Sig] Digest Number 79

  • June Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2000
      Dear Martin,

      As editor of ReCALL, I have decided to use 'Web' and 'website' - just my
      own instinct, I'd be glad to hear of any standard more widely agreed upon.

      Regards

      June

      At 13:47 17/10/00 -0000, you wrote:

      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Webs and web sites
      > From: ME <martin@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:09:08 +0000
      > From: ME <martin@...>
      >Subject: Webs and web sites
      >

      >Does any list member feel there is an emerging consensus
      >re the spelling of the words 'Web' and 'web sites'. The
      >issues involve capitalisation and 'one word or two'.
      >
      >I have been asked to advise for the editor of a journal
      >and my instinct leads me to the forms I have just given
      >but I have no authority to back me.
      >
      >Any ideas ?
      >
      >Martin Eayrs
      >--
      >-----------------------
      >Reply to: Martin Eayrs
      >Tel/Fax: 00441206-826851
      >mailto:martin@...
      >http://www.eayrs.com

      June Thompson
      Secretary, EUROCALL
      C&IT Centre,
      The Language Institute, University of Hull,
      Cottingham Road, Hull HU6 7RX
      TEL +44 (0)1482 466373, FAX +44 (0)1482 473816
    • Norma Brewer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2000
        .To list members:
        A few weeks ago, someone on this list asked about Where in the World is
        Carmen Sandiego ?
        Please read below for offer I found on the HungerSite.

        I hope this is of interest- and the original enquirer sees it.
        Greetings to Tony Williams

        Norma Brewer
        nlbrewer@...

        UP TO 75% OFF AND $10 OFF $30 AT SOFTWAREOUTLET.COM
        Tons of cheap software programs for kids, education, games, home & garden,
        business and more. This week's special: Where in the World is Carmen
        Sandiego Deluxe -- only $4.95, plus lots of other great programs for $5,
        $10, even 99 cents! First-time customers take $10 off any order of $30 or
        more. Just insert coupon code: greatergood in the special promotions code at
        check-out. (US only)