Teaching Videos

  • darrenrelliott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2007
      Hi All,

      I`m going to be teaching a short course to some aspiring English
      language teachers at a Japanese University this summer, and I thought
      it might be nice to show them an EFL lesson in progress for discussion
      and analysis. Do any of you know where I might find such a resource
      online? I won`t have access to the net in the classroom, so streaming
      video is out (I don`t have a facility to capture it either). Any banks
      of video I can download for transfer to dvd?

      Thanks in advance!

      Darren Elliott
      Meijo University
      Nagoya, Japan
    • John Maher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
        Hello Darren,

        You could try Teacher's TV [website with downloadable lessons - but usually of mainstream lessons in schools].

        There's a super video doing the rounds, used as a training example on various beginner TESOL courses. Try LLU at the London South Bank University... I've seen excerpts on various trainbing courses.

        The Callan Method has a very short video on a website, showing a sample speaking and reading lesson.

        You could try the various branches of the Government Skills For Life [Literacy, Numeracy and ESOL] programmes....

        There are sample videos / DVDs of mock speaking assessments prepared by some of the examining bodies for the Skills for Life initiative [OCR, Trinity....]

        Best wishes

        John Maher