FW: [besig] Stress and intonation software

  • Russell Kent
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2007
      Hallo List Members,

      This was a request from someone on the BESIG list, and I thought someone
      might be able to help.

      Regards,

      Russ Kent

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2007
        hi,
        there are sofewares like TALK TO ME, LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH and
        PRONUNCIATION POWER 1 and 2 where the learners can listen to the
        native speakers, record their voices and compare it with the native
        speakers. you can make use of them. we use this in the university
        to improve the learners' speaking skills.

        valentina

        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Kent"
        <russkent@...> wrote:

        > Hallo List Members,
        >

        > This was a request from someone on the BESIG list, and I thought
        someone
        > might be able to help.
        >

        > Regards,
        >

        > Russ Kent
        >

        > _____

        Behalf Of
        > Eduard von Fischer
        > Sent: 22 June 2007 20:26
        > To: besig@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [besig] Stress and intonation software
        >

        > Hi,
        >
        > Has anyone come across software that allows a student to compare
        his or her
        > word/sentence stress and intonation with a native speaker?
        Something that
        > gives a graphic output when the Student repeats what the native
        speaker has
        > said?
        >
        > A colleague of mine vaguely recalls having seen something like
        this several
        > years ago, but can't remember any details. It would be
        particularly useful
        > for me, as I have several students with very good vocabularies,
        but their
        > communication is hampered by L1-based word and sentence stress.
        >
        > Many thanks!
        >
        > Eduard von Fischer

      • widasoft
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2007
          Dear All,

          I think that Don Friend's Sky Softwarehouse with his 'Words and Phrasal
          Stress' and 'Stress and Rhythm' will go a long way to meeting your needs.
          You can check them out on www.skysoftwarehouse.com
          <http://www.skysoftwarehouse.com/> .

          Tony Williams

          Wida Software