Manchester/ Cambridge University Press Survey

  • Gary Motteram
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2007
      Hi All

      Please find below links to two surveys that we have set up to look at
      the uses that technologies are being made of in language classrooms.
      One is aimed directly at you as teachers and one for your learners.
      This is a joint project being run out of Manchester University, but in
      conjunction with Cambridge University Press. These surveys are aimed
      at people who teach adults (both general and specific language). We
      want to get as broad a coverage as we can in the world, which is why
      we are using lists. We also want to get to teachers who don't make too
      much use of technology, or who may be more skeptical, so if someone in
      your School or University is less thrilled by technology, please pass
      this on (Please also pass the message on anyway).

      If you fill it in, which will take them a while, there are some quite
      good prizes being offered in a draw. The survey is the first stage of
      the research that we are doing; we are then looking for people to get
      involved in case studies. There is a planned book where people will be
      able to publish case studies. If people are involved in a Master's
      then this kind of work could feed into an assignment or dissertation,
      or could also be part of a PhD.

      Thanks in advance and if there are any queries, please don't hesitate
      to contact us.

      Gary Motteram, Diane Slaouti, Zeynep Onat-Stelma
      gary.motteram@...; diane.slaouti@...;
      zeynep.onat-stelma@...

      There are 2 surveys, as we've said: one for the teachers and one for
      learners, so if you can encourage your learners to do this in class
      that would be great too. The learner one is significantly shorter than
      the teacher one and we have tried to keep the language as basic as we can.

      Teacher Questionnaire:

      http://windev.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/surveys/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=3L186l6K855MG

      Learner Questionnaire:

      http://windev.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/surveys/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=3L186l6L855MG