ICT for Language Teachers (ICT4LT) website

  • ict4lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 1:02 AM
      I've picked up a few references to the ICT4LT website in the archives
      of this discussion list. This is to tell you a little more about the
      ICT4LT website.

      The site was set up in 1999-2000 with the aid of European Commission
      funding, with the original aim of becoming a full-blown online
      training course in ICT for Language Teachers. While ICT4LT did not
      become a full-blown course (we ran out of money) it remains on the
      Web as a free set of 16 modules covering a wide range of aspects of
      ICT that should be of interest to the language teaching profession.
      There are introductory modules as well as modules dealing
      specifically with the Web, Human Language Technologies, classroom
      concordancing and computer aided assessment. There is also a
      comprehensive glossary of terminology and a resource centre
      containing a substantial bibliography. Sections on podcasting,
      blogging and interactive whiteboards have recently been added, and a
      PDF version of Philippe Delcloque's History of Computer Assisted
      Language Learning has been made available at the site, linked via
      Section 2 of Module 1.4, headed "History of CALL".

      Feedback and questions addressed to the ICT4LT team, headed by
      myself, can be sent via a feedback form which can be found on each
      page of the site:
      http://www.ict4lt.org
      We have recently set up a blog, which can be found at:
      http://ictforlanguageteachers.blogspot.com

      Regards
      Graham Davies
      Emeritus Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning