BBC | British Council Teaching English Newsletter | 12th Feb 2007

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2007
      Monday 12th February 2007

      Here are the latest updates to the BBC / British Council's Teaching English website.

      This week we have a new feature on the site: Teaching Children. This section
      of the site focusses on using technology and online resources with
      younger learners. There will be a new downloadable tip sheet each month
      which will lead you to online resources on the British Council's
      LearnEnglish Kids site and give you information on how to use them.

      There are 3 tip sheets there already to get you started.
      http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/download/children.shtml

      We also have a new poll on the vote section of the site. This one looks at
      your professional development and asks which areas you think are most
      vital. Why not have your say and leave us a comment.
      http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/talk/vote.asp

      We also have two new questions sent in by our readers. The first is a
      question from France and asks for ideas on how best to use plays in
      class.
      http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/talk/questions/play.shtml

      The second question comes from Mexico and asks about using background music in the classroom.
      http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/talk/questions/music.shtml

      Lastly, many thank to everyone who has sent in answers and comments to the
      site. We do our best to publish as many as we can, but if you don't see
      yours then please keep checking back as it can take some time.

      Best wishes,

      Nik Peachey
      Manager EL Teaching Websites
      British Council