Call for papers, Auckland, NZ

  • Karen Haines
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2006
      Anyone planning a holiday in NZ and would like to have an opportunity to present re CALL as well?

      CALL for papers for CALL symposium

      Where: Unitec, Auckland, NZ
      When: 18-19 May 2007
      Theme: Language, literacy and technology
      Speakers: Mike Levy (Griffith University, Aus)
      Cynthia White (Massey University, NZ)
      Terry Locke (University of Waikato, NZ)

      We are looking for practical papers (30 mins) and workshops (45 mins) that address the ways that technology can support the teaching of language and literacy. The symposium is for experienced and novice teacher-users of learning technologies.

      Topics of interest may include
      * language teaching using technology
      * multimedia education
      * implementing online education
      * CALL research
      * learner autonomy using technology
      * digital literacies

      Please send brief abstracts (200 words max) to Karen Haines khaines@... 09 815 4321. State clearly any technical requirements eg. computers needed for workshops (and their capabilities)
      Deadline for submissions: Feb 19 2007

      If you know of anyone who may be interested in submitting a proposal, feel free to pass on this information. We look forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you at the CALL symposium in May.