- We are delighted to announce the winner of the fully funded scholarship on our E-moderation course for teachers, which runs entirely online from 1-31 July. ItMessage 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006View SourceWe are delighted to announce the winner of the fully funded
scholarship on our E-moderation course for teachers, which runs
entirely online from 1-31 July.
It was a difficult decision to choose the winner, as we received
many excellent applications from all over the world (from 26
countries in all!) - all from deserving and motivated candidates -
and we'd like to thank all of you who took the time to apply.
The winner of the scholarship is Hala Fawzi from Sudan, who teaches
EAP for students of Medicine in Khartoum. Hala is also involved as a
tutor at the Open University in Sudan, teaching Literature, reading
and writing, and she is working on her PhD proposal on blended
We are very much looking forward to working with Hala during the
coming month, and hope she will find the course useful to her own
professional development and that of the profession in Sudan.
Once again thank you to all of you who applied, and we hope to
repeat this opportunity in the future.
Best wishes to list members,
Nicky Hockly - Director of Pedagogy
www.theconsultants-e.com | nicky.hockly@...
- For those of you who missed the Beijing conference at the beginning of June and would still like to come to China, here s another chance! The Third PacificMessage 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2006View SourceFor those of you who missed the Beijing conference at the beginning of June
and would still like to come to China, here's another chance!
The Third Pacific Association for CALL Conference (PacCALL) will be held at
Nanjing University in cooperation with Southeast University, Nanjing, China
from 16 to 19 November 2006. The deadline for proposals is only one week
away -- 31 July 2006.
The theme for this year's conference is: "Globalization and Localization of
The confirmed plenary speakers are:
* Michael Coghlan, eLearning Consultant, TAFE SA, Adelaide, Australia
* Dr. Cynthia White, Massey University, New Zealand
* Prof. ZHAO Wen, Head of the Language and Multimedia Centre, School of
Foreign Studies, Northeast University
* Dr. GU Yueguo, from Beijing Foreign Studies University
In addition to the plenary sessions there will be a special "Moodle for
Language Learning Strand" on November 17.
Walking tours will be arranged in the evenings and optional tours of Nanjing
and environs on the first and last day. Look forward to sumptuous Nanjing
cuisine at every meal during the event!
Please submit your proposals via the PacCALL website:
** Thomas Robb, Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan **
** <trobb@...-su.ac.jp> **
** http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html **
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]