Re: Moodlers Please Help!

  • Gary Motteram
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hi Ruth

      This may simply be the fact that the email address is already in use
      by someone else and the system won't accept that. I have had similar
      problems when trying to register people for sessions I've run.

      Cheers

      -- Gary

      --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, Ruth Vilmi
      <ruth.vilmi@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Can any Moodle guru please help me with a registration problem. Now,
      for
      > the second time this year, I have a student receiving this kind of
      > message from the system: ""Your registration has not yet been
      confirmed","

      > I'm copying and pasting the message I received from my Argentinian
      > partner, Rita Z, (some of you know her!)with the login problem. About 2
      > month ago a student in Kora had the same problem. The Korean created
      > several addresses, but none of them were confirmed.
      >
      > "Today a student of mine, Bianca Palagonia (bianky_06@...), told
      > me last week she opened her account at your moodle, but never got her
      > confirmation of registration. In fact, when she wants to log in using
      > the data she sent, a sign tells her "Your registration has not yet been
      > confirmed", and she cannot open a new account either, for she's told
      her
      > email address has been taken... "
      >
      > Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
      >
      > Ruth
      >
      > Managing Director
      > Ruth Vilmi Online Education Ltd
      > E-learning, language checking and translation services
      > +358 (0)50 368 4696
      > ruth.vilmi@...
      > www.writeit.to

    • Przemyslaw Stencel
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
        Hi Ruth,

        When we had similar problems, in most cases it was because the
        confirmation email which is sent out by moodle was filtered out by
        anti-spam filters. If the email does not reach the student, s/he cannot
        confirm the creation of the account. However, another account with the
        same email address can't be created, because it already exists in
        moodle's database (although un-confirmed).

        Whenever this happened, we simply confirmed the account manually for the
        student.

        Hope this helps,
        Przemek Stencel

        --
        List przeskanowano programem ArcaMail, ArcaVir 2006
        przeskanowano 2006-06-09 22:39:41, silnik: 2005.12.01 12:00:00, bazy: 2006.06.09 19:20:10
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 10, 2006
          Many thanks to Przemek and the others who gave me advice on how to
          confirm registration manually.
          .
          I managed by logging in as Admin, then going to Users in the
          Administration section --> Edit user accounts --> Select the row
          containing the user in question, --> clicking the blue Confirm link there.

          I hope this helps others with similar problems:-)
          Ruth