[LearningTechnologiesSIG] Moodlers Please Help!

  • Ruth Vilmi
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi!

      Can any Moodle guru please help me with a registration problem. Now, for
      the second time this year, I have a student receiving this kind of
      message from the system: ""Your registration has not yet been confirmed","

      I'm copying and pasting the message I received from my Argentinian
      partner, Rita Z, (some of you know her!)with the login problem. About 2
      month ago a student in Kora had the same problem. The Korean created
      several addresses, but none of them were confirmed.

      "Today a student of mine, Bianca Palagonia (bianky_06@...), told
      me last week she opened her account at your moodle, but never got her
      confirmation of registration. In fact, when she wants to log in using
      the data she sent, a sign tells her "Your registration has not yet been
      confirmed", and she cannot open a new account either, for she's told her
      email address has been taken... "

      Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

      Ruth

      Managing Director
      Ruth Vilmi Online Education Ltd
      E-learning, language checking and translation services
      +358 (0)50 368 4696
      ruth.vilmi@...
      www.writeit.to

    • Gary Motteram
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
        Hi Ruth

        This may simply be the fact that the email address is already in use
        by someone else and the system won't accept that. I have had similar
        problems when trying to register people for sessions I've run.

        Cheers

        -- Gary

        --- In LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com, Ruth Vilmi
        <ruth.vilmi@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Can any Moodle guru please help me with a registration problem. Now,
        for
        > the second time this year, I have a student receiving this kind of
        > message from the system: ""Your registration has not yet been
        confirmed","

        > I'm copying and pasting the message I received from my Argentinian
        > partner, Rita Z, (some of you know her!)with the login problem. About 2
        > month ago a student in Kora had the same problem. The Korean created
        > several addresses, but none of them were confirmed.
        >
        > "Today a student of mine, Bianca Palagonia (bianky_06@...), told
        > me last week she opened her account at your moodle, but never got her
        > confirmation of registration. In fact, when she wants to log in using
        > the data she sent, a sign tells her "Your registration has not yet been
        > confirmed", and she cannot open a new account either, for she's told
        her
        > email address has been taken... "
        >
        > Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
        >
        > Ruth
        >
        > Managing Director
        > Ruth Vilmi Online Education Ltd
        > E-learning, language checking and translation services
        > +358 (0)50 368 4696
        > ruth.vilmi@...
        > www.writeit.to

      • Przemyslaw Stencel
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2006
          Hi Ruth,

          When we had similar problems, in most cases it was because the
          confirmation email which is sent out by moodle was filtered out by
          anti-spam filters. If the email does not reach the student, s/he cannot
          confirm the creation of the account. However, another account with the
          same email address can't be created, because it already exists in
          moodle's database (although un-confirmed).

          Whenever this happened, we simply confirmed the account manually for the
          student.

          Hope this helps,
          Przemek Stencel

          --
          List przeskanowano programem ArcaMail, ArcaVir 2006
          przeskanowano 2006-06-09 22:39:41, silnik: 2005.12.01 12:00:00, bazy: 2006.06.09 19:20:10
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 10, 2006
            Many thanks to Przemek and the others who gave me advice on how to
            confirm registration manually.
            .
            I managed by logging in as Admin, then going to Users in the
            Administration section --> Edit user accounts --> Select the row
            containing the user in question, --> clicking the blue Confirm link there.

            I hope this helps others with similar problems:-)
            Ruth