FrontPage Express and archives

  • Phil Brabbs
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2000
      Dear All

      FRONTPAGE EXPRESS
      I have just joined the list and was very interested to read Geoff Taylor's
      contribution of 27 April in which he mentioned the "lite" version of
      FrontPage Express which can apparently be downloaded by anyone from
      Microsoft's site.

      I have been trawling around the Microsoft site and cannot find any version
      of FrontPage which can be downloaded for free and no mention of FrontPage
      Express itself. Does anyone know exactly where it is on the Mmicrosoft
      site, or can they suggest another source?

      ARCHIVES
      I would also be interested to know if contributions to this list are
      archived, otherwise I presume we run the risk of new members of the list
      (like myself) boring everyone by asking questions that have already been
      dealt with.

      Phil Brabbs
    • Geoff Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2000
        Hi

        on 6/5/00 7:35 pm, Phil Brabbs at brabbs@... wrote:

        > FRONTPAGE EXPRESS
        > I have just joined the list and was very interested to read Geoff Taylor's
        > contribution of 27 April in which he mentioned the "lite" version of
        > FrontPage Express which can apparently be downloaded by anyone from
        > Microsoft's site.
        > I have been trawling around the Microsoft site and cannot find any version
        > of FrontPage

        Sorry, Phil, for leading you on a wild goose chase. Frontpage Express is
        part of Windows 95/98/NT operating system. (Don't know about version 3.1)

        You can normally access it from the Start menu > Programs > Internet >
        Internet Explorer folder > Frontpage Express. If the shortcut in the Start
        menu has been deleted, use the Windows "Find" facility in the Start menu.

        --
        Geoff Taylor
        Teacher, St Clare's, Oxford, UK
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2000
          Phil

          This is normally bundled with Internet Explorer 5. Assuming you have IE5 on
          CD-Rom (often given away with computer magazines) or have downloaded it from
          Microsoft's site, you need to run the IE5 installation program choosing the
          option that allows you to customise your browser. You can then choose to
          install FrontPage Express only if you already have IE5 installed.

          IE5 is also bundled with Office 2000, although you will have to look for the
          IE5 folder on the CD - you can't install it from the main Office setup
          procedure

          Paddy Harben

          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2000
            Hi all

            on 7/5/00 10:35 am, Paddy Harben at p.j.harben@... wrote:

            > [FrontPage Express] is normally bundled with Internet Explorer 5.
            > IE5 is also bundled with Office 2000

            Thanks for the clarification, Paddy.

            ['Pears to me like I'm gonna hafta quit shootin' ma dang mouth off 'bout
            stuff I ain't got dead to rights...]