Learning/teaching materials

  • Phil Brabbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 5:31 AM
      Does anyone know of any good materials (preferably on-line and free) for
      teaching basic IT skills (ECDL level) to teachers? I am particularly
      interested in materials on Windows and Word, but also for the other ECDL
      modules (focussing on Excel, Access and Powerpoint).

      I have found plenty of stuff available on-line for teaching email and
      internet skills, but not for these other applications.

      What I am looking for are materials which teachers could access themselves,
      or which I could use in training sessions, which would help bring teachers
      up to ECDL level.

      Thanks
      Phil Brabbs
    • Geoff Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3 12:52 AM
        > I have found plenty of stuff available on-line for teaching email and
        > internet skills, but not for these other applications.

        In case anyone might be interested in such stuff, I have just discovered a
        good set of free interactive tutorials for teachers about using the Internet
        (17 lessons, I think) and Macromedia programs (5 lessons, I think) at
        http://www.trainingcafe.com/

        --
        Geoff Taylor
        Teacher, St Clare's, Oxford, UK