Dear Fellow Professionals,
The Third National Mentoring Conference of Romanian colleagues is going
to take place in Brasov (Romania) between August 28th and 30th. On 29th,
Tuesday there are going to be two workshops for the participants to dicuss
professional issues with fellow professionals worldwide online. The workshop
slots are between 7.00-7.45 GMT and 12.00-12.30 GMT.
I will use the website of School Experience Newsletter :
There attend either the Bulletin Board section or the Forum one.
The idea is that I am inviting you to react to some of the questions I am
to ask you below.
Please give your reponses by the workshops' starting times using
www.schoolexperience.matavnet.hu. (Bulletin Board or Forum).
You are invited to ask Romanian fellow professionals, too.
They will either give you their responses or/and ask you further questions.
The topics of our open discussion are:
1. When you hear the term: 'school-based teacher educator' what would
you mean by this ?
2. What do you think the role(s) of school-based teacher educators could
3. What are the possible ways odf co-operation between univerasity- or
college-based teacher educators and school-based teacher educators
(mentors) in pre-service teacher education ?
4. What difficulties may ariseif there is no appropriate co-operation
between training institutions and schools ?
5. MENTOR STANDARDS and MENTOR EVALUATION STANDARDS have been elaborated in
Romania. Has anything like thise been developed in other parts of the world
Could we have details, contact names and addresses ?
6. Romanian mentors founded their own national association: AsMeRo. Are
there any other local, regional, national associations of school-based
educators ? Could we have details, contact names and addresses ?
So, my colleagues at the Brasov Conference and myself are looking
forward to hearing from you.
Let's start chatting on www.schoolexperience.matavnet.hu. (Bulletin
Board or Forum).
Dr. Zolta'n Poo'r
University of Veszpre'm, Hungary