4th CASTEL-J International Conference (August 3-5, 2007), Honolulu, HI

  • Keiko Schneider thru Saboten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      4th CASTEL-J International Conference (August 3-5, 2007), Honolulu, HI

      Join us at the 4th International Conference on Computer Assisted
      Systems For Teaching & Learning Japanese (CASTEL-J) that will be held
      at the University of Hawaii, Kapiolani Community College, August 3-5,
      2007.

      Homepage: http://castelj.kshinagawa.com/

      Blogs, wiki, taggin’ , online music, podcasts, AJAX, to name a few,
      have evolved considerably in the past years. As a result, computers
      and other technologies are being used more and more in our
      classrooms. This means that the teaching/learning of the Japanese
      language is also rapidly changing. We are hoping you might be
      interested in sharing your experiences with using technology in the
      teaching of the Japanese language and would like to ask you to share
      these experiences with us at the 4th International CASTEL-J
      conference in Hawaii.

      We welcome proposals for papers (20 min. followed by 10 min.
      discussion), panel sessions (70 min. followed by 20 min. discussion)
      posters, or workshops that deal with Japanese teaching/learning and
      computer technology.

      All submissions must be received by August 31, 2006. Submissions are
      accepted by e-mail. Please submit your proposal as an e-mail
      attachment to <proposal@...>.
      For the SUBJECT line of your e-mail, please
      enter "CASTEL-J paper proposal" for paper,
      enter "CASTEL-J panel proposal" for panel,
      enter "CASTEL-J posters proposal" for posters,
      enter "CASTEL-J workshop proposal" for workshop,
      Presenters will be notified by Nov. 30, 2006.

      * The official conference languages are Japanese and English. If
      you plan to present in English, please submit your proposal in
      English. If you plan to present in Japanese, please submit your
      proposal in Japanese.
      * Send your attachment in MS Word (DOC)
      * We can provide an LCD projector. However, please use your own
      laptop.

      Your proposal must include the following:
      1) Specify your presentation type (paper, poster, panel session or
      workshop)
      2) Presenter's Name (Primary Presenter in case of co-presentation)
      3) E-mail address
      4) Institution and Department
      5) Mailing Address
      In case of a co-presentation, please clearly indicate the
      primary presenter and provide information for all presenters.
      6) Presentation Title (less than 10 English words)
      7) Short Abstract (less than 50 English words, this will be used for
      the conference brochure)
      8) Description of paper, panel, panel session or workshop (Less than
      350 English words. Be sure to include adequate information to review.)
      9) Other equipment needs. If you will need to use other AV equipment,
      please specify. In case it's not possible for us to accommodate, we
      will contact you.

      For inquiries, please contact

      Satoru Shinagawa, Conference Chair
      University of Hawaii