November Newsletter

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2005
      Hi Everyone!

      I hope you're having a more relaxing weekend than me, since I've just
      been finishing up the November newsletter, which is now on its way to
      the printers. I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who
      contributed, and I hope it reaches you all soon.

      Please note that you still have until December 31st to vote for the
      newsletter editor, who will take over the job on January 1st 2006 for
      a period of two years. For more details, please see previous postings
      to the list, or the insert in the newsletter, when it arrives.

      Finally, a reminder that the next issue will be a joint publication
      with the Global Issues SIG and we are collecting articles around the
      two areas right now - so if you have something, or feel like writing
      something, please send it to me as soon as possible.

      Regards

      Gavin
    • katharma
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2005
        Hi there!

        I am an english teacher in Nicaragua. I am really
        interested in knowing if there is a checklist for
        evaluating ELT software.

        I appreciate your help

        Katharma

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • PETE SHARMA
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2005
          Hi!

          I use a simple checklist list based on the work of Eastment, D. and Brett, P, as follows:

          Evaluation criteria

          The evaluation of materials in this report is based on a number of criteria:

          Reliability / technological robustness
          Aesthetics of the programme
          Ease of navigation / clarity of instructions
          Pedagogical soundness
          Range and type of activity
          Regularity of updates to the material
          Additional considerations:

          Cost-effectiveness
          Relationship of the material to the teaching
          Download speeds
          Hope this proves useful

          Pete Sharma

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2005
            Dear Pete,

            Thanks a lot for sending your checklist. I think it
            will be very useful. I will let you know how it works.

            Cheers

            Katharma

            http://mail.yahoo.com