setting up a "multimedia center"

  • csilla2105
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2005
      Hi Everyone,
      I teach english at the Science Faculty of the Univeristى de Paris,France.

      We're trying to set up a multimedia room for free access. We have 10
      computers, 2 TVs with DVD players, 2 taperecorders with headphones and
      a tiny library.
      Our students have heavy schedules throughout the week and do not often
      come to work on languages in their free time.I'm looking for ideas
      that would help motivate them and give our center more life.

      Also I'd like to know whether lending books (readers or other) to the
      students would have any benefits compared to a situation where they
      can only read books while in the center.
      I'm looking for ideas where the library could become an active part of
      the center.

      I'd welcome any other ideas that would help get our center off the
      ground .
      Csilla