ICT in ELT job advertisement

  • Moore, Caroline (ENTS)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2005
      Dear all

      I thought this post, advertised in the Guardian this week (see
      http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/browse/education/general/vacancy-1033732.html) might interest some members of this list. Enquiries and applications please to the external recruitment agency listed at the end of this posting.

      Caroline Moore
      Director IT Services
      Teaching Centres and Exams
      British Council
      10 Spring Gardens
      London
      SW1A 2BN
      United Kingdom
      Tel +44 (0) 20 7389 4168
      Fax +44 (0) 20 7389 4140
      e-mail caroline.moore@...

      Date posted: 31 Oct 05
      Closing date: 15 Nov 05

      Job description
      Salary £25,252 including London Market Allowance for a London-based post or £22,152 for Manchester-based post

      The British Council Teaching and Exams network is seeking an individual with an English language teaching background and interest in the exploitation of ICT in ELT to support our overseas teaching centre network as an ICT consultant.

      As part of using the most innovative and creative techniques to teach English in more than 100 cities worldwide, British Council is also at the forefront of exploiting ICT in language teaching.

      Almost all of our teaching centres have dedicated computer rooms and self-access centres with leading ICT software and teaching tools. An increasing number of centres are doing substantial work with digital materials and interactive whiteboards.

      Working with an existing London- and Manchester-based team of ICT experts and overseas regional support network, this post will be responsible for supporting a range of existing classroom ICT projects as well as day-to-day management of substantial new projects.

      In addition to a solid understanding of learning technologies in ELT, the successful candidate will be strong on analytical ability, professional confidence and teamworking skills.

      Interviews will take place in the period from 21 to 25 November 2005.
      Ref: 8131

      The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.

      We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.

      Applicants who do not read standard text should state preferred format for application pack: large print, Braille, computer disk or audio tape.

      The United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are registered in England as a charity.

      We build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.

      We work in 110 countries and territories worldwide in education, English language teaching, the arts, science, sport and governance.

      Contact name: Barkers .
      Contact email: britishcouncil@...
      Telephone: 08701 575576

      For an application pack, please contact: Barkers, PO Box 50233, London EC4A 4YZ
      Telephone +44 (0)870 157 5576/+44 (0)870 160 2465
      E-mail britishcouncil@... quoting the appropriate reference number.

      http://www.britishcouncil.org