Web sites

  • Kathy Parker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2005
      Dear Gavin,
      As part of the research I am doing this year I am assembling just such a list based on teachers and students recommendations but I am about to go away for two months and have not yet written it up and checked the links. Just as a start I think Sperlings wonderful book of Internet links is a good place to start. The BBC site has been mentioned by staff and students
      Just a few others mentioned

      Grammar Http://a4esl.org/
      Listening
      Http://www.esl-lab.com
      http://www.abcasiapacific.com/englishbites/
      Reading
      Http://www.literacynet.org/cnnsf/
      Vocabulary
      Http://www.languageguide.org

      I haven't tested these sites yet but they have been mentioned more than once. I think the important thing is not to get a huge great list but to get the quality sites. This is what I am attempting to do basing it on use made by self access centres. Please post the list when you finish it so we can all look at them and add whats missing.
      Regards Kathy Parker
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
          ... and the name Graham Stanley makes me think,
          "writing... definitely the most interesting site is
          their own blog"!

          Tom Walton
          Barcelona, Spain

          --- Graham Stanley <stanleyg@...> wrote:

          > Dear Gavin and co.
          >
          > Here are a few links that come to mind:
          >
          > Grammar / Vocabulary:
          >
          > http://www.sithsense.com/
          >
          > Topical for teenagers - Darth Vader challenges you
          > to a game of 20 questions
          >
          > Listening:
          >
          > http://www.sushiradio.com
          >
          > 3-6 minute 'radio' (podcast) programmes about
          > different places, themes
          > in the world : I've recently been using it with
          > Upper Intermediate
          > teenage students who are now preparing their own
          > programmes to send to
          > the site for submission. New content is added every
          > week or so, but
          > old stuff is still available. Teachers need to
          > listen to them first
          > and recommend them to students.
          >
          > Writing:
          >
          > http://www.digitalfilms.com/
          > http://www.dfilm.com/
          >
          > Two movie making film sites, always a hit with
          > teenagers
          >
          > Reading:
          > http://www.hellomagazine.com/games/
          >
          > Quizzes and games (hit and miss, but some work
          > really well with teenagers)
          >
          > Hope this helps
          >
          > Graham Stanley
          > http://blog-efl.blogspot.com