Technical English

  • Cristina Argenta
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
      Dear All,

      Does anybody know where can I find drawings,
      simulating software (free of course) to help my
      students that are learning mechanics, electronics,
      computer science or building? If so, please let me
      know. Thanks a lot,

      Cristina Argenta

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Rita Zeinstejer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
        Hi, Cristina,

        This is just an online game which you might find interesting for your
        students. Hope it is.
        http://www.sodaplay.com/constructor/index.htm

        Rita

        > From: Cristina Argenta <cris_argenta@...>
        > Subject: Technical English
        >
        > Dear All,
        >
        > Does anybody know where can I find drawings,
        > simulating software (free of course) to help my
        > students that are learning mechanics, electronics,
        > computer science or building? If so, please let me
        > know. Thanks a lot,
        >
        > Cristina Argenta
      • louise goddard
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
          Hi Cristina,
          Re the computing, I'm not sure what level/age you are referring to but
          perhaps the BBC Bitesize online revision tools might have some relevant
          material? It's intended for GCSE revision but if you have a look, there
          might be something helpful there. Here's the address:
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/ict/index.shtml

          Louise

          >From: Cristina Argenta <cris_argenta@...>
          >To: IATEFLComputerSig@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [IATEFLComputer Sig] Technical English
          >Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Dear All,
          >
          >Does anybody know where can I find drawings,
          >simulating software (free of course) to help my
          >students that are learning mechanics, electronics,
          >computer science or building? If so, please let me
          >know. Thanks a lot,
          >
          >Cristina Argenta

          >Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search.
          >http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Graham Tritt
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
            > From: Cristina Argenta <cris_argenta@...>
            > Subject: Technical English
            >
            > Dear All,
            >
            > Does anybody know where can I find drawings,
            > simulating software (free of course) to help my
            > students that are learning mechanics, electronics,
            > computer science or building? If so, please let me
            > know. Thanks a lot,
            >
            > Cristina Argenta

            These sites are mostly text.

            http://www.howstuffworks.com/
            http://www.about.com/gadgets/
            http://howthingswork.virginia.edu/
            http://www.google.ch/search?hl=de&q=%22how+a+car+works%22&meta=

            WHen I need diagrams I often use google and
            switch to pictures, for isntance

            http://images.google.ch/images?q=%22how%20a%20car%20works%22

            I also look for PPT powerpoint formats with Google advanced
            query, specifying filetype:ppt
            http://www.google.ch/search?as_q=intelligent+buildings&as_filetype=ppt

            THen with an appropriate presentation
            I can make a whole lesson.

            Graham

          • Bob Mudford
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
              Hi Graham.
              Thanks for this note on Google. I've used it for images in the past,
              but I didn't know that you could search for file types like that.
              Should be most useful.
              Bob Mudford.

              *
              *