BRITISH COUNCIL SEARCHENGLISH Update January 7th 2005

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      Apologies for cross posting. Hope there is something here to interest you.

      Welcome to the first SearchEnglish update message for 2005. This is just a
      quick update to let you know about some new articles available through
      http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org

      USING WEBLOGS IN ESL/EFL CLASSES: NEW DEVELOPMENTS, USES AND CHALLENGES
      For six weeks, participants and ESOL experts can engage in collaborative,
      online discussion sessions or hands-on virtual workshops of professional and
      scholarly benefit.

      EXPERIENCE AS A DISTANCE LEARNING TEACHER MAKES YOU A BETTER CLASSROOM
      TEACHER
      Why should we feel that developing and teaching an online course would have
      an impact on regular class instruction? What evidence exists to suggest a
      sustained opportunity for pedagogical reflection is allowed through this
      experience?

      THE QUEST DEBUTS ON THE WEB
      New Character-Driven Adventure Game Based On The Popular PBS KIDS GO!
      Cartoon Lets Players Enter An Interactive Cyberchase World Online

      PREPARING FOR THE EUROPEAN LANGUAGE PORTFOLIO
      The CEF describes standards for language teaching and learning and is used
      by an increasing number of educational institutions and organisations in
      Europe and other parts of the world.

      THE DESIGN OF EFFECTIVE ICT-SUPPORTED LEARNING ACTIVITIES: EXEMPLARY MODELS,
      CHANGING REQUIREMENTS, AND NEW POSSIBILITIES
      Despite the imperatives of policy and rhetoric about their integration in
      formal education, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) are
      often used as an "add-on" in many classrooms and in many lesson plans.

      CHILD-TO-CHILD INTERACTION AND CORRECTIVE FEEDBACK IN A COMPUTER MEDIATED L2
      CLASS
      The current study examined the provision of corrective feedback and learner
      repair following feedback in the interactional context of child-to-child
      conversations

      TRIADIC SCAFFOLDS: TOOLS FOR TEACHING ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS WITH
      COMPUTERS
      Active communication with others is key to human learning. This
      straightforward premise currently undergirds much theory and research in
      student learning in general, and in second language and literacy learning in
      particular.

      http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org
      I'd just like to stress that SearchEnglish is a portal which provides a news
      and information service. We don't write the articles we just try to provide
      you with up to date information about what is happening by linking /
      directing you to them.
      As ever your feedback and suggestions are welcome at
      Nik.Peachey@... or just go to
      http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org and click on FEEDBACK

      Regards

      Nik Peachey