BRITISH COUNCIL SEARCHENGLISH Update October 22nd 2004

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2004
      Apologies as ever for cross posting

      Just a quick update to let you know about some new articles available
      through http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org

      MULTIMEDIA TRAINING KIT FOR COMMUNITY MULTIMEDIA CENTRES EXPANDING AND
      AVAILABLE ON CD ROM
      "The MMTK's comprehensive suite of open-access, interactive, learning
      modules covers organizational, management, content production and
      issue-based training..."

      SCHOOLNET TOOLKIT
      Laid out in four substantive guidebooks, this kit is targeted especially
      towards policy- and decision-makers, school managers, practitioners,
      teachers and principals. (All four books can be downloaded for free in PDF
      format)

      HOW TO INCORPORATE ONLINE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS INTO YOUR LESSONS
      "Students today have at their disposal a number of tools for
      education-related research. Whether they go online and surf the net, consult
      live videoconferences, raid the media center for computerized reference
      materials, or simply raise their hands to ask a teacher.."

      POWERFUL LEARNING IS INTERACTIVE: A CROSS-CULTURAL PERSPECTIVE
      For centuries traditional university education has primarily focused on
      building foundational skills in particular disciplines via the transfer of
      knowledge from instructor to student.

      TIPS AND TRICKS ON USING CHAT IN WEBCT
      Get everyone to practice logging in days before from the same machine that
      they will use in the real chat session. This will ensure that students'
      machines, browsers, plug-ins, Internet connection, etc. are all working
      properly.

      http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org
      I'd just like to stress that SearchEnglish is a portal which provides a news
      and information service. We don't write the articles we just try to provide
      you with up to date information about what is happening by linking /
      directing you to them.
      As ever your feedback and suggestions are welcome at
      Nik.Peachey@... or just go to
      http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org and click on FEEDBACK

      Regards

      Nik Peachey