3298Plan Ceibal English webinar

  • ltsig01
    Dec 12, 2013
      We would like to invite you to join us on Sunday 15 Dec at 2 pm GMT for our webinar: Plan Ceibal English with Mercedes Viola & Graham Stanley

      Abstract:
      The Plan Ceibal English project in Uruguay is an innovative technological solution to a problem common in many parts of the world. A lack of qualified and experienced English teachers in the country means that most primary schools have not been able to offer children any English. That has changed recently, however, with English being taught via video-conferencing to 1,000 schools in Uruguay, taught by remote teachers based in Montevideo, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia and the Philippines. With expansion stages planned over the next two years to teach all the primary school children in the country (120,000), find out more by coming along to this webinar featuring a director of a Uruguayan institute supplying remote teachers (|Mercedes Viola) and the British Council's project manager (Graham Stanley). After a brief overview of what's involved, there will be time for questions and a discussion about this innovative way of teaching and learning English.

      We hope to see you there!
      Vicky Saumell