3179Re: Switching from laptop to tablet
- Mar 14, 2013- Comments about the keyboard are very important - you don't want to waste hours typing.
- Once you add a decent keyboard, some tablet advantages disappear (though it could be the keyboard stays in a hotel room).
- Agreed about issues with software - GoogleDocs ain't all that! I use Android, and am not very happy with Word Processing and Spreadsheet options within. iPad may be better with those apps.
- Where no wifi, you can't plug in to the LAN.
- Connecting to larger displays is not always so easy either - probably need an adapter.
The tablet is handy for following stuff, but give me a netbook if I need to create!
in Super-wifi South Korea
(and probably suffering withdrawal next week at the TESOL Convention in Dallas Texas)
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>