3058getting decent sound out of an audio CD in a lab setting

  • Anthony Green
    May 10, 2012
      I have a group who are going to be doing FCE in June
      The lab where they will be doing the listening has the CD drive on the
      spanking new server.
      For reasons which I am unable to understand, the sound that goes through to
      the student headphones (or a speaker connected to the server) sounds as if
      it is slightly underwater, making listening quite tiring.
      The lab technician claims this is a weakness of the server technology, but
      that sounds a bit lame to me

      Has anyone come across such a problem and resolved it, or have a server
      where the sound is as good as it is on a normal PC?
      Any other suggestions?

      The setup is Microsoft Windows Server 6.0 SP2

      Many thanks for any help you might be able to give

      Anthony Green