2694IATEFL LTSIG PCE -Come and join us in Second Life on Wednesday April 7th

  • Graham Stanley
    Apr 5, 2010
      Hi everyone.

      Apologies for cross-posting. I thought that some of you might be interested
      in our upcoming event in Second Life:

      Come and join us live from Harrogate and in Second Life at AVALON Learning (
      http://slurl.com/secondlife/AVALON%20Learning/98/52/36) on Wednesday 7h
      April for our IATEFL Pre-Conference Event.

      The main focus of the PCE day will be to consider where we are now in the
      field of learning technologies and language learning and where we might be
      going. Have we reached a time when learning technologies are a �normalised�
      part of our practice, or is there still some way to go? Are there any
      predictions we can make about the future?

      We have asked three people�Stephen Bax, Scott Thornbury and Mark Pegrum�to
      help us with short focused presentations during the day at various points to
      seed the debate. Stephen and Scott will be in Harrogate, Mark will be online
      in Second Life.

      Group leaders (in Harrogate and online in Second Life) will then work with
      the conference participants to support the discussion of whatever questions
      get raised as a part of the day; groups will then report back to the
      audience.

      Timetable:

      11.00-12.30 UK Time (check local time here: http://tinyurl.com/yduufux)
      �Digital literacies: Where do we start?� - Mark Pegrum (live from Second
      Life).
      Prepare for this by reading (http://bit.ly/cLVV81) a draft chapter (PDF) by
      Mark about Digital Literacies, watching a (http://drop.io/ozmark17c) video
      (download) and a (http://www.slideshare.net/OzMark17) short slideshow