      From: Heike Philp <heike.philp@...>
      Subject: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Mini Presentation
      To: LearningTechnologiesSIG@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 23 June, 2009, 1:09 PM

      Hi,

      Have you presented at a conference during the last 12 months?

      Was your topic about learning technologies?

      Better still, was it about language learning with technology?

      Would you feel confident to present the main points in a mini

      version of a presentation which may be recorded and put

      on YouTube, or embed on NING sites?

      The format for this mini presentation is a set format:

      10 slides auto-advancing every 20sec (3min 20sec).

      We call this format PRESTO (PRESent your TOpic) and

      it is a derivative of the popular Pecha Kucha format

      of 20x20 (Pecha Kucha = 6min 40sec).

      Pecha Kucha is a great format for live presentations and

      PRESTO ist a great format for live online presentations.

      If you are interested in creating such a presentation and

      if you have a webcam and the set of 10 slides ready at

      hand, please contact me and we will arrange a meeting in

      a virtual classroom where you can present and I will record

      this with Camtasia.

      Looking forward to it.

      Rgds Heike

      BTW, this is free. We are just happy to learn from you

      and are honored if you take this extra time to do this

      and we look forward to sharing this presentation with

      our extended network of language teachers around the world.