1887Re: Setting up customised Wikis

  • ict4lt
    Apr 22, 2007
      There were pre-conference workshops on setting up and using wikis and
      blogs at last year's EUROCALL conference in Granada - partly in order
      to familiarise participants with the concept of the Virtual Strand,
      which enabled people who could not travel to Granada to participate
      in the conference

      Last year's EUROCALL wiki can be found at:

      Last year' EUROCALL blog can be found at:

      My impression was that the blog was more useful and informative than
      the wiki, which was under-used after the workshops had taken place. I
      had a go at setting up my personal wiki for the conference - which
      you can find under "Introductions" on the main EUROCALL wiki page
      (above). I was a "virtual participant" in EUROCALL 2006 as illness
      prevented me from travelling, so I was able to gain a good impression
      of what worked and what didn't work. I found live text chat very
      useful, i.e. being able to "talk" to people via their wireless-
      enabled laptops as they listened to the various sessions. The
      streamed videos of the keynotes - which are still accessible via the
      blog (above) - were also very useful.

      There will be further workshops at this year's conference, which will
      have an enhanced Virtual Strand:

      Graham Davies
      Emeritus Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning
      Member of the EUROCALL Executive Committee
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic