1732Re: [LearningTechnologiesSIG] Moodlers Please Help!

  • Ruth Vilmi
    Jun 10, 2006
      Many thanks to Przemek and the others who gave me advice on how to
      confirm registration manually.
      .
      I managed by logging in as Admin, then going to Users in the
      Administration section --> Edit user accounts --> Select the row
      containing the user in question, --> clicking the blue Confirm link there.

      I hope this helps others with similar problems:-)
      Ruth

      Przemyslaw Stencel wrote:
      > Hi Ruth,
      >
      > When we had similar problems, in most cases it was because the
      > confirmation email which is sent out by moodle was filtered out by
      > anti-spam filters. If the email does not reach the student, s/he cannot
      > confirm the creation of the account. However, another account with the
      > same email address can't be created, because it already exists in
      > moodle's database (although un-confirmed).
      >
      > Whenever this happened, we simply confirmed the account manually for the
      > student.
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      > Przemek Stencel
      >

      > Ruth Vilmi wrote:
      >

      >> Hi!
      >>
      >> Can any Moodle guru please help me with a registration problem. Now, for
      >> the second time this year, I have a student receiving this kind of
      >> message from the system: ""Your registration has not yet been confirmed","
      >>
      >> I'm copying and pasting the message I received from my Argentinian
      >> partner, Rita Z, (some of you know her!)with the login problem. About 2
      >> month ago a student in Kora had the same problem. The Korean created
      >> several addresses, but none of them were confirmed.
      >>
      >> "Today a student of mine, Bianca Palagonia (bianky_06@...), told
      >> me last week she opened her account at your moodle, but never got her
      >> confirmation of registration. In fact, when she wants to log in using
      >> the data she sent, a sign tells her "Your registration has not yet been
      >> confirmed", and she cannot open a new account either, for she's told her
      >> email address has been taken... "
      >>
      >> Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
      >>
      >> Ruth
      >>
      >> Managing Director
      >> Ruth Vilmi Online Education Ltd
      >> E-learning, language checking and translation services
      >> +358 (0)50 368 4696
      >> ruth.vilmi@...
      >> www.writeit.to

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic