SALVE

  • Sybrtoof@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
      SALVE IECVS EST MEVS NOMINE, JAKE IN ANGLICE, EGO AMO COMPVTVM ET VNOMVLTIVM
      ET LATINE (CVRSVS). EGO VVLO SCRIBIT IN LATINE SEMI-TRADITVS (IN EXEMPLI
      GRATIAS: OMNES CAPUT, V EST V ET U ET CETERA ) SED SVM LEBO AD CONVERTVS PRO
      GLOBUS.

      Unchanged English Translation: Hello Iecus is my name, Jake in English, I
      like computers and Monopoly and Latin (of course). I wish to write in
      semi-traditonal latin (i.e.: All caps, V is V and U etc.) but I am willing
      to change that for the group.

      What I wanted to say: Hello, My name is Jake. My interests include computers,
      Monopoly and (of course) Latin. I prefer to write in semi-traditional latin
      (i.e. All caps, the letter V serves as V and U etc.), but I am willing to
      change that if it is not to the liking of the group.

      VULO AD CONTINIUM SCRIBO,
      IECUS

      I hope to continue writing,
      Jake
    • WERTHER 2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
        Salvete omnes,
        I propose that you take it to the next level and stop using punctuation and
        those darn spaces between words!
        werther