Re: [LatinChat-L] John 19:4

  • gerardo priori
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 15, 2012
      translation of the whole verse to english?

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 15, 2012
        translation of the whole verse to english?

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 16, 2012
          exiit iterum Pilatus foras et dicit eis ecce adduco vobis eum foras ut
          cognoscatis quia in eo nullam causam invenio

          Pilate again went forth and said to them: "Behold, I bring him forth to
          you so that you may know that I find no blame in him."

          --- In LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com, gerardo priori <gsprio@...> wrote:

          > translation of the whole verse to english?

        • gerardo priori
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 22, 2012
            gratias tibi ago--pax tecum...junkdriver

            To: LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com
            From: grant.hicks@...
            Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:01:49 +0000
            Subject: [LatinChat-L] Re: John 19:4

            exiit iterum Pilatus foras et dicit eis ecce adduco vobis eum foras ut
            cognoscatis quia in eo nullam causam invenio

            Pilate again went forth and said to them: "Behold, I bring him forth to
            you so that you may know that I find no blame in him."

            --- In LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com, gerardo priori <gsprio@...> wrote:

            > translation of the whole verse to english?

          • cn_tullius_grandis
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 23, 2012
              Nihil laboris erat.

              I should mention that "dicit" is actually in the present tense, as is the corresponding word in the original Greek, but I translated it in the past tense because English can't easily mix tenses this way.

              --- In LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com, gerardo priori <junkdriver@...> wrote:

              > gratias tibi ago--pax tecum...junkdriver
              >

              > To: LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com
              > From: grant.hicks@...
              > Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:01:49 +0000
              > Subject: [LatinChat-L] Re: John 19:4
              >

              > exiit iterum Pilatus foras et dicit eis ecce adduco vobis eum foras ut
              > cognoscatis quia in eo nullam causam invenio
              >
              > Pilate again went forth and said to them: "Behold, I bring him forth to
              > you so that you may know that I find no blame in him."
              >
              > --- In LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com, gerardo priori <gsprio@> wrote:
              > >
              > > translation of the whole verse to english?

            • RM
              Message 6 of 10 , May 28, 2012
                DE PROXIMIS SEPTIMANIS LATINIS EVROPAEIS

                Numerus locorum liberorum Amoeneburgi iam exiguus est. Frisingae autem adhuc participes accipiuntur. Valde quidem gaudebimus, si primae Septimanae Latinae Frisingensi intereris. Ibi nonnulla instituemus, quibus studium tuum excitari putamus: Excursiones fient et Monachum, ubi Thesaurum Linguae Latinae visere in animo habemus, et Ratisbonam, quod oppidum praeter relicta Romana abundat aedificiis mediaevalibus. Die Veneris exspectamus professorem Valahfridum Stroh, auctorem libri praeclari "Latein ist tot, es lebe Latein!", qui de Iano Novák musico Latinissimo referet.
                Prima Septimana Latina Europaea Frisingensis instituetur a die 2 ad diem 8 mensis Septembris. Si interesse in animo habes, mitte nobis quaesumus inscriptionem usque ad diem XV mensis Iulii.
                Omnia quae ad Septimanas Latinas pertinent, hic invenietis: http://www.septimanalatina.org

                DE LIBRIS NOSTRIS NOVIS
                Tandem methodus nostra Latina renovata et denuo divulgata est, cui titulus nunc est SEPTIMANA LATINA. Sunt quidem duo volumina, quorum primum textus et imagines continet, secundum autem exercitationes, grammaticam, vocabula.
                Plura de SEPTIMANA LATINA hic comperietis: http://www.septimanalatina.org/txt/l/libri.html
                Si libros nostros accipere apud bibliopolam vobis non contigerit, nuntium quaesumus mittite nobis!
                Speramus fore, ut vos hoc anno Frisingae vel Amoeneburgi salutare possimus.

                Optime valete!

                THE NEXT EUROPEAN LATIN WEEKS

                Meanwhile there are nearly no free places left in our Latin Week at Amöneburg. For our Latin Week at Freising we are still able to accept registrations. We would be happy if you decide to participate in our first Freising Latin Week. We can offer you some highlights we think you will be interested in: There will be two excursions. One of them will be to Munich, where we plan to visit the Thesaurus Linguae Latinae, the second will be to Regensburg, a town full of medieval buildings and some Roman relicts. On Friday we will welcome prof. Wilfried Stroh, author of "Latein ist tot, es lebe Latein!", who will give a talk on the famous composer Jan Novák who was a friend of the Latin language.
                The first Freising Latin Week will take place from September 02 to 08, 2012. If you want to participate please send us your registration before July 15.
                You will get all available information at: http://www.septimanalatina.org

                OUR NEW BOOKS
                Finally, our Latin method is available in a new version and with the new title SEPTIMANA LATINA. The 1st part contains texts and illustrated vocabulary while the 2nd offers exercises, grammar and the dictionaries.
                You may read more about SEPTIMANA LATINA at: http://www.septimanalatina.org/txt/e/libri.html
                If you are not able to get SEPTIMANA LATINA from your local bookshop please send us a note!
                We hope to welcome you at Freising or Amöneburg.

                Best regards!

                RM

                [Si hunc nuntium pluries acceperitis, ignoscite quaeso mihi. / I apologize for eventual cross postings.]