Learning Latin

  • carolineroddis
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2008
      Salvete,

      I apologise if this is an unwelcome post, but I'm writing a
      dissertation on Latin and the Internet and was wondering if anyone
      would mind answering a few questions for me? It would really help my
      research to know how the web has affected people's awareness and
      knowledge of Latin.

      Questions: (Feel free to PM me the answers if you don't want to post
      them on the board)

      1. Where did you first encounter Latin? Was it at school or the Internet?

      2. Would you be able to study/speak/learn about Latin without the aid
      of the Internet?

      3. How helpful have A) the Internet
      and B) other forms of technology (i.e. audio CDs)
      been to your knowledge and understanding of the language?

      4. Is there a case to be made for the idea that Latin is not a 'dead'
      language?

      Anything else that you can think of that might aid my research would
      also be sincerely appreciated!
      Many thanks for reading this post,
      gratias ago.

      Caroline
    • Jack Young
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2008
        Morning Caorline,

        I'm trying to learn Latin and have found several
        websites that help a lot in the effort. Also, this
        Yahoo Group has helped me some, but in all honesty, I
        have not used the Yahoo Group as well as I should in
        my efforts to learn Latin.

        I will place a link of the site I use the most in
        learning this language.

        http://www.wheelockslatin.com/chapters/introduction/introduction.html

        Be well in all things,

        Aubrey Jack Young