hi!

  • mcmbugs
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2007
      hi i'm meghan. ego sum 12 annus vetus quod sum bulla latin. ego ago in
      america , quod ego sum in grade. ego sum etiam eruditio , sic ullus
      tips in grammar sive seu ego planto ullus mistankes commodo dico mihi.
      -meg
    • satvrninvs
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2007
        "mcmbugs" <mcmbugs@...> wrote:

        > hi i'm meghan. ego sum 12 annus vetus quod sum bulla latin. ego ago in
        > america , quod ego sum in grade. ego sum etiam eruditio , sic ullus
        > tips in grammar sive seu ego planto ullus mistankes commodo dico mihi.
        Hey, Meghan! I admire your attempt to learn Latin at such a young age. Since you've asked for "ullus tips," I would suggest starting with a grammar book. ANY grammar! Please! Today!
        I kid. I've been trying to decipher your letter like a Sybilline oracle. Most of it I understand, except for a few parts, which I wish you would explain. Namely: "...quod ego sum bulla Latina." (which translates as, "because I myself am a Latin button.") And: "planto." [?]
        Study hard, 'Bugs, and one day you'll be writing like this:

        Hauete, sodales! Meghana saluto uos! Duodecim annos nata, Americana, bulla Latina [?], gradus [VI? VII?], erudienda uos consulo ut ullum mihi detur consilium grammaticum et ut mihi monstretur num ulla menda ["mistankes," ha ha] fecerim.

        Good luck!
      • mcmbugs
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2007
          --- In LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com, "satvrninvs" <satvrninvs@...>
          wrote:

          > "mcmbugs" <mcmbugs@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hi i'm meghan. ego sum 12 annus vetus quod sum bulla latin. ego
          ago in
          > > america , quod ego sum in grade. ego sum etiam eruditio , sic
          ullus
          > > tips in grammar sive seu ego planto ullus mistankes commodo dico
          mihi.
          > Hey, Meghan! I admire your attempt to learn Latin at such a young
          age. Since you've asked for "ullus tips," I would suggest starting
          with a grammar book. ANY grammar! Please! Today!
          > I kid. I've been trying to decipher your letter like a Sybilline
          oracle. Most of it I understand, except for a few parts, which I wish
          you would explain. Namely: "...quod ego sum bulla Latina." (which
          translates as, "because I myself am a Latin button.") And: "planto."
          [?]
          > Study hard, 'Bugs, and one day you'll be writing like this:
          >
          > Hauete, sodales! Meghana saluto uos! Duodecim annos nata,
          Americana, bulla Latina [?], gradus [VI? VII?], erudienda uos consulo
          ut ullum mihi detur consilium grammaticum et ut mihi monstretur num
          ulla menda ["mistankes," ha ha] fecerim.

          > Good luck!

          thanks so much for the tips. i have 3 grammar books i am using, and i
          am taking 2 extra after school corses through school. one day i want
          to live in vatican city, so that is why i'm learing latin. i want to
          do forgin exchange too. bye!