3669Re: John 19:4

  • cn_tullius_grandis
    Feb 16, 2012
      exiit iterum Pilatus foras et dicit eis ecce adduco vobis eum foras ut
      cognoscatis quia in eo nullam causam invenio

      Pilate again went forth and said to them: "Behold, I bring him forth to
      you so that you may know that I find no blame in him."

      --- In LatinChat-L@yahoogroups.com, gerardo priori <gsprio@...> wrote:

      > translation of the whole verse to english?

      quia instead of quod. Pages 46 and 47.

      > The second, regarding the biography of Lorenzo Valla, a humanist,
      grammar and rethoric authority on neo-latin language.

      > Hopefully it will help you.

      http://books.google.com/books?id=2faVZol1aKIC&pg=PA47&lpg=PA47&dq=classi\
      c+latin%2Bquia+meaning+that&source=bl&ots=p4q0JfAFeV&sig=nnbkWs3e_udpn1r\
      6z4bnDhua01s&hl=en&sa=X&ei=jV85T-2XD7LZiQKCg8yqCg&sqi=2&ved=0CEoQ6AEwBQ#\
      v=onepage&q=classic%20latin%2Bquia%20meaning%20that&f=false