LaserTank in Vista

  • Gerry W
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2007
      I was trying to change graphics in LaserTank and noticed that the
      change graphics dialogue box will only display three ltg's at a time.
      If you have four or more in a folder or the same folder as LaserTank,
      it will only display the first three in the folder, so if you want
      different ltg's, you have to delete some. I seem to remember that in XP
      and earlier, this box would display more than three. Also, what is the
      User Graphics button for? When I click on it I get a message that game
      bitmap and/or mask bitmap not found.

      Gerry
    • Donald Drouin
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
        Hi Gerry
        I also see only 3 LTG at a time in the dialog box, but if I have more than 3 LTG, I can scroll down to see the others.

        User Graphics was implemented before the creation of the stand-alone program ltgraph.exe.

        If you want to experiment with User Graphics:
                1- Start ltgraph.exe
                2- Open any LTG
                3- In the Game Menu "Export Bitmap" and name it Game.bmp
                4- In the Mask Menu "Export Bitmap" and name it Mask.bmp
                5- Start LaserTank - Click on User Graphics and it will work with the 2 bmp files you just create.

        So it's not really useful since we now have ltgraph.exe.
        Bye
        Donald

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
          But in Vista you can't scroll down.
        • Donald Drouin
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
            Gerry
            Sorry, I haven't try Lasertank in Vista,
            but are you sure you have more tha 3 LTG in your Lasertank Directory?

            Donald

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
              Hi Gerry,

              I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, and I also see three graphics at a time.
              But, I am able to scroll down and choose whichever graphic I want to.
              Not sure why it's not working for you :(

              --
              Warm Regards,
              Rahul

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
                Ah Yes, The scrolling arrows look grey (inaccessable) until you mouse
                over, I guess it'll take some getting used to, Thanks Guys, Gerry

                > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

              • Ron en Jits
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
                  You must FIRST go to  http://pages.globetrotter.net/lasertank/start.html after that, you must select the right author, it works perfect in VISTA.