Re: Death of Wolf, a LaserTank's players

  • tere08it
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 1, 2007
      It grieves me to know that Wolf is no more among ourselves.
      Everyone of us remember him like one of the strongest LaserTank's
      players of all time.
      His global high scores will remain his own and i hope that his name be
      at the first place, like now.
      Farewell Wolf.
      tere
    • Gerry W
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 1, 2007
        Also, I would like to offer my condolences for your loss of your son
        Wolfgang. Gerry W.
      • Suyono
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
          I sincerely convey my condolence for the loss of her son.
          He remembered LaserTank although he was seriously ill.
          He was the best in optimizing the LaserTank solutions.
          I'll compose one level for him in the next hour or so.
          Regards,
          Suyono / "Yono in Jkt."

        • w.a.de.vries@hccnet.nl
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
            Hello Suyono,

            It's a very good idea to compose a lvl for Wolf!
            Thanks,
                Tina

            Donald Drouin wrote:

            > I post this message to inform you of the death of a LaserTank's
            > players.
            >

            >> Hello Donald,
            >>
            >> I am the mother of Wolf(gang). I must sadly tell you that my
            >> son died on October 9th after a serious but short illness. He
            >> was 54.
            >> At the end he was no longer able to work out solutions and
            >> send them to you.
            >> He wanted to personally say goodbye to you but his death came
            >> too quickly.
            >>
            >> I wish you and your group every success with Lasertank in the
            >> future.
            >>
            >> Renate Woltemade

            No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.19/1106 - Release Date: 2-11-2007 21:46

          • Suyono
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
              Click the attachment to get Wolf.zip, or
              decode the text below.

              Suyono

              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
                Probably, I'll make a better one before the end of the month.
                (Probability = 35%.)
                Suyono

              • w.a.de.vries@hccnet.nl
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
                  Hai Suyono,
                  This is also a nice lvl. I think he would have liked it!
                  Tina

                  Suyono wrote:

                  Probably, I'll make a better one before the end of the month.
                  (Probability = 35%.)
                  Suyono

                  > w.a.de.vries@ hccnet.nl wrote:
                  >
                  > Hello Suyono,
                  >
                  > It's a very good idea to compose a lvl for Wolf!
                  > Thanks,
                  > Tina

                  No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.19/1106 - Release Date: 2-11-2007 21:46

                • Donald Drouin
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
                    Hi Suyono
                    I agree with Tina, it's a very good idea.
                    A lasertank level is a permanent tribute and it's surely the best gift he would have liked to receive in the circumstance.
                    Please send me your LPB in order to make it an official level.
                    Regards
                    Donald
                    P.S. It's good to see you back Suyono

                    Donald Drouin wrote:

                    > I post this message to inform you of the death of a LaserTank's
                    > players.
                    >

                    >> Hello Donald,
                    >>
                    >> I am the mother of Wolf(gang). I must sadly tell you that my
                    >> son died on October 9th after a serious but short illness. He
                    >> was 54.
                    >> At the end he was no longer able to work out solutions and
                    >> send them to you.
                    >> He wanted to personally say goodbye to you but his death came
                    >> too quickly.
                    >>
                    >> I wish you and your group every success with Lasertank in the
                    >> future.
                    >>
                    >> Renate Woltemade

                  • Mark
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 4, 2007
                      I concur. An official level will be a lasting tribute to him. I was
                      going to wait for the Monthly Update but here is my memorial to Wolf
                      for those who wish to have a look. Feel free to email me if you would
                      prefer it to be sent to you directly as an attachment.

                      I don't get much time for LT these days but I will miss tussling with
                      Wolf over GHS'. There were certain types of level that he was
                      exceptionally good at minimising the moves on. Many times I was
                      amazed by how much he was able to reduce what I had believed were
                      good scores.

                      A sad moment. My thoughts are with his family.

                      Farewell Wolf.

                      Secret Squïrrel

                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 5, 2007
                        Very nice level Secret Squïrrel
                        Thanks for him
                        Donald

                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 5, 2007
                          Hello Mark,

                          Could you send me your lvl for Wolf?
                          I get an error with text converter: no packed data!

                          Bye and thanks,
                              Tina

                          Mark wrote:
                          --YtVGh0dow3Qlfb699VUWFFoFsuKp0n17x1AwZFw

                          I concur. An official level will be a lasting tribute to him. I was=20
                          going to wait for the Monthly Update but here is my memorial to Wolf=20
                          for those who wish to have a look. Feel free to email me if you would=20
                          prefer it to be sent to you directly as an attachment.

                          I don't get much time for LT these days but I will miss tussling with=20
                          Wolf over GHS'. There were certain types of level that he was=20
                          exceptionally good at minimising the moves on. Many times I was=20
                          amazed by how much he was able to reduce what I had believed were=20
                          good scores.

                          A sad moment. My thoughts are with his family.

                          Farewell Wolf.

                          Secret Squ=EFrrel

                          Comments : In memory of Wolf.   Select and COPY all of the text from=20
                          BEGIN_FILE to END_FILE. Then use Text-Converter.exe (avail on the LT=20
[...]

                          U3F173JyZWwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgA=3D
                          -----END FILE-----

                          --- In Lasertank@yahoogroups.com, Donald Drouin <ducky@...> wrote:

                          Hi Suyono
                          I agree with Tina, it's a very good idea.
                          A lasertank level is a permanent tribute and it's surely the best=20

                          gift he would have liked to receive in the circumstance.

                          Please send me your LPB in order to make it an official level.
                          Regards
                          Donald
                          P.S. It's good to see you back Suyono
                          =20
                          ----- Original Message -----=20
                          I sincerely convey my condolence for the loss of her son.
                          He remembered LaserTank although he was seriously ill.
                          He was the best in optimizing the LaserTank solutions.
                          I'll compose one level for him in the next hour or so.
                          Regards,
                          Suyono / "Yono in Jkt."
                          =20
                          Donald Drouin wrote:

                          =20
                          =20
                          I post this message to inform you of the death of a LaserTank's
                          players.
                          =20

                          =20
                          Hello Donald,
                          =20
                          I am the mother of Wolf(gang). I must sadly tell you that my
                          son died on October 9th after a serious but short illness. He
                          was 54.
                          At the end he was no longer able to work out solutions and
                          send them to you.
                          He wanted to personally say goodbye to you but his death came
                          too quickly.
                          =20
                          I wish you and your group every success with Lasertank in the
                          future.
                          =20
                          Renate Woltemade

                          --YtVGh0dow3Qlfb699VUWFFoFsuKp0n17x1AwZFw

                          <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/htm=
                          l4/strict.dtd">
                          <head>
                          </head>

                          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
                          ft;  z-index:1;">
                          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->

                          . I was <br>
                          going to wait for the Monthly Update but here is my memorial to Wolf <br>
                          for those who wish to have a look. Feel free to email me if you would <br>
                          prefer it to be sent to you directly as an attachment.<br>
                          I don't get much time for LT these days but I will miss tussling with <br>
                          Wolf over GHS'. There were certain types of level that he was <br>
                          exceptionally good at minimising the moves on. Many times I was <br>
                          amazed by how much he was able to reduce what I had believed were <br>
                          good scores.<br>
                          A sad moment. My thoughts are with his family.<br>
                          Farewell Wolf.<br>
                          Secret Squ=EFrrel<br>
                          -----BEGIN FILE-----<br>
                          File : Wolf.lvl<br>
                          Comments : In memory of Wolf.   Select and COPY all of the text from <br>
                          BEGIN_FILE to END_FILE. Then use Text-Converter.<wbr>exe (avail on the LT <=
                          br>
                          website) to decode this packed file.<br>
                          Size :  576<br>
                          -----BEGIN PACKED DATA-----<br>
                          -----END FILE-----<br>
                          --- In <a href=3D"mailto:Lasertank%40yahoogroups.com">Lasertank@yahoogrou<w=
                          br>ps.com</a>, Donald Drouin &lt;ducky@...&gt; wrote:<br>
                          &gt;<br>
                          &gt; Hi Suyono<br>
                          &gt; I agree with Tina, it's a very good idea.<br>
                          &gt; A lasertank level is a permanent tribute and it's surely the best <br>
                          gift he would have liked to receive in the circumstance.<br>
                          &gt; Please send me your LPB in order to make it an official level.<br>
                          &gt; Regards<br>
                          &gt; Donald<br>
                          &gt; P.S. It's good to see you back Suyono<br>
                          &gt; <br>
                          &gt; ----- Original Message ----- <br>
                          &gt; From: Suyono <br>
                          &gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:Lasertank%40yahoogroups.com">Lasertank@yahoogrou=
                          &gt; Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 8:33 AM<br>
                          &gt; Subject: Re: [LaserTank] Death of Wolf, a LaserTank's players<br>
                          &gt; <br>
                          &gt; <br>
                          &gt; I sincerely convey my condolence for the loss of her son.<br>
                          &gt; He remembered LaserTank although he was seriously ill.<br>
                          &gt; He was the best in optimizing the LaserTank solutions.<br>
                          &gt; I'll compose one level for him in the next hour or so.<br>
                          &gt; Regards,<br>
                          &gt; Suyono / &quot;Yono in Jkt.&quot;<br>
                          &gt; <br>
                          &gt; Donald Drouin wrote:<br>
                          &gt; &gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt; I post this message to inform you of the death of a LaserTank's<b=
                          r>
                          &gt; &gt; players.<br>
                          &gt; &gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; Hello Donald,<br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; I am the mother of Wolf(gang). I must sadly tell you that my<=
                          br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; son died on October 9th after a serious but short illness. He=
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; was 54.<br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; At the end he was no longer able to work out solutions and<br=

                          &gt; &gt;&gt; send them to you.<br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; He wanted to personally say goodbye to you but his death came=
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; too quickly.<br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; I wish you and your group every success with Lasertank in the=
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; future.<br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; <br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt; Renate Woltemade<br>
                          &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
                          &gt;<br>

                              <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->
                          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~-->
                          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->
                          <head>
                          <!--
                          #ygrp-mkp{
                            border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
                            font-family: Arial;
                            margin: 14px 0px;
                            padding: 0px 14px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-mkp hr{
                            border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
                          }
                          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
                            color: #628c2a;
                            font-size: 85%;
                            font-weight: bold;
                            line-height: 122%;
                            margin: 10px 0px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                            margin-bottom: 10px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                            padding: 0 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                            color: #0000ff;
                            text-decoration: none;
                          }
                          -->
                          </head>
                          <head>
                          <!--
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                            font-family: Arial;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                            margin: 10px 0px;
                            font-weight: bold;
                            font-size: 78%;
                            line-height: 122%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                            margin-bottom: 10px;
                            padding: 0 0;
                          }
                          -->
                          </head>
                          <head>
                          <!--
                          #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;=
                          *font-size:small;*font:x-small;}
                          #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-se=
                          rif;}
                          #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;*font-size:100%;}
                          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                          #ygrp-text{
                              font-family: Georgia;=09
                          }
                          #ygrp-text p{
                              margin: 0 0 1em 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                              font-family: Arial;=09
                              clear: both;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vitnav{
                          	padding-top: 10px;
                          	font-family: Verdana;
                          	font-size: 77%;
                          	margin: 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vitnav a{
                          	padding: 0 1px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-actbar{
                          	clear: both;
                          	margin: 25px 0;
                          	white-space:nowrap;
                          	color: #666;
                          	text-align: right;
                          }
                          #ygrp-actbar .left{
                          	float: left;
                          	white-space:nowrap;
                          }
                          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                          #ygrp-grft{
                          	font-family: Verdana;
                          	font-size: 77%;
                          	padding: 15px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-ft{
                            font-family: verdana;
                            font-size: 77%;
                            border-top: 1px solid #666;=20
                            padding: 5px 0;=20
                          }
                          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                            padding-bottom: 10px;
                          }

                          #ygrp-vital{
                          	background-color: #e0ecee;
                          	margin-bottom: 20px;
                          	padding: 2px 0 8px 8px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                          	font-size: 77%;
                          	font-family: Verdana;
                          	font-weight: bold;
                          	color: #333;
                          	text-transform: uppercase;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul{
                          	padding: 0;
                          	margin: 2px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul li{
                            list-style-type: none;
                            clear: both;
                            border: 1px solid #e0ecee;=20=20
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                            font-weight: bold;
                            color: #ff7900;
                            float: right;
                            width: 2em;
                            text-align:right;
                            padding-right: .5em;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                            font-weight: bold;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital a{
                          	text-decoration: none;
                          }

                          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                            text-decoration: underline;
                          }

                          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                          	color: #999;
                          	font-size: 77%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                          	padding: 6px 13px;
                          	background-color: #e0ecee;
                          	margin-bottom: 20px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                          	padding: 0 0 0 8px;
                          	margin: 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                          	list-style-type: square;
                          	padding: 6px 0;
                          	font-size: 77%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                          	text-decoration: none;
                          	font-size: 130%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                            background-color: #eee;
                            margin-bottom: 20px;
                            padding: 0 8px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                          	padding: 8px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                          	font-family: Arial;
                          	font-weight: bold;
                          	color: #628c2a;
                          	font-size: 100%;
                          	line-height: 122%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                          	text-decoration: none;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                          	text-decoration: underline;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                          	margin: 0;
                          }
                          o{font-size: 0; }
                          .MsoNormal{
                             margin: 0 0 0 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-text tt{
                            font-size: 120%;
                          }
                          blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
                          .replbq{margin:4}
                          -->
                          </head>
                          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~-->

                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 5, 2007
                            Hi Tina,

                            There are leading spaces in (front of) every line of your data.
                            Deleting the spaces, you will the good data.
                            (Either Yahoo! or Netscape gave you the spaces.)

                            Suyono

                          • w.a.de.vries@hccnet.nl
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 5, 2007
                              Hai Yono,

                              In the meantime Mark send me his lvl and an explanation of the error.
                              But thanks anyway!
                              >>(Either Yahoo! or Netscape gave you the spaces.) At least they give something for free :-D

                              Bye and thanks again,
                                  Tina

                              w.a.de.vries@ h... wrote:

                              > Hello Mark,
                              >
                              > Could you send me your lvl for Wolf?
                              > I get an error with text converter: no packed data!
                              >
                              > Bye and thanks,
                              > Tina

                              No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.22/1111 - Release Date: 5-11-2007 4:36

                            • Donald Drouin
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 29, 2008
                                =====  TO ALL =====

                                I post this message to inform you of the death of Ron Meijer
                                a good and prolific LaserTank's levels authors and players.

                                He was the author of 580 levels.

                                I include the message I received from his wife.

                                I wish her my most sincere condolences.

                                Hello Donald,

                                I'm very sad to inform you that Ron has died last night. Since his stroke in 2002 he has enjoied LaserTank even more than before, but the last couple of months he found it extremely difficult to "invent" new games. The pleasure he took in LaserTank and the pride in making games meant a lot to him. I'm leaving the yahoogroup in the computer so I can follow the progress as a memory of Ron.

                                Like Ron used to write: SALUT MON AMI

                                His wife Jitske
                              • Mark
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 29, 2008
                                  That is very sad news indeed. I shall miss his whimsical monthly
                                  contributions. My thoughts are with his wife and family.

                                  Mark

                                  --- In Lasertank@yahoogroups.com, Donald Drouin <ducky@...> wrote:

                                  > ===== TO ALL =====

                                  ------------

                                  > I post this message to inform you of the death of Ron Meijer
                                  > a good and prolific LaserTank's levels authors and players.
                                  >
                                  > He was the author of 580 levels.
                                  >
                                  > I include the message I received from his wife.
                                  >
                                  > I wish her my most sincere condolences.

                                  ------------

                                  > Hello Donald,
                                  >
                                  > I'm very sad to inform you that Ron has died last night. Since his
                                  stroke in 2002 he has enjoied LaserTank even more than before, but
                                  the last couple of months he found it extremely difficult to "invent"
                                  new games. The pleasure he took in LaserTank and the pride in making
                                  games meant a lot to him. I'm leaving the yahoogroup in the computer
                                  so I can follow the progress as a memory of Ron.

                                  > Like Ron used to write: SALUT MON AMI
                                  >
                                  > His wife Jitske

                                • Suyono
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 29, 2008
                                    Dear Jitske,

                                    Please accept my sincere condolences.

                                    In the last few months, Ron always tried
                                    to create one monthly puzzle every month
                                    although he felt dry with new ideas. It
                                    showed his unstoppable love to laserTank.

                                    There is no way my level can replace his
                                    level; I could only create this level as
                                    a tribute to him.

                                    Rest in peace, Ron.

                                    Regards,
                                    Suyono

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 29, 2008
                                      Dear Jitske,

                                      Please accept my sincere condolences.

                                      In the last few months, Ron always tried
                                      to create one monthly puzzle every month
                                      although he felt dry with new ideas. It
                                      showed his unstoppable love to LaserTank.

                                      There is no way my level can replace his
                                      level; I could only create this level as
                                      a tribute to him.

                                      Rest in peace, Ron.

                                      Regards,
                                      Suyono

                                      PS: I FORGOT to put the clickable
                                      ATTACHMENT in my previous same message.
                                      It is "Ron-Meijer.zip".
                                    • Dmitry Goryunov
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 29, 2008
                                        This is very sad...

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jul 1, 2008
                                          Today I received the knews of Ron's dead.
                                          This is very sad knewa.
                                          Also my most sincere condolences to Ron's wife Jitske.
                                          Tina

                                          --- In Lasertank@yahoogroups.com, Donald Drouin <ducky@...> wrote:

                                          > ===== TO ALL =====

                                          > I post this message to inform you of the death of Ron Meijer
                                          > a good and prolific LaserTank's levels authors and players.
                                          >
                                          > He was the author of 580 levels.
                                          >
                                          > I include the message I received from his wife.
                                          >
                                          > I wish her my most sincere condolences.

                                          > Hello Donald,
                                          >
                                          > I'm very sad to inform you that Ron has died last night. Since his
                                          stroke in 2002 he has enjoied LaserTank even more than before, but the
                                          last couple of months he found it extremely difficult to "invent" new
                                          games. The pleasure he took in LaserTank and the pride in making games
                                          meant a lot to him. I'm leaving the yahoogroup in the computer so I
                                          can follow the progress as a memory of Ron.

                                          > Like Ron used to write: SALUT MON AMI
                                          >
                                          > His wife Jitske

                                        • Donald Drouin
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 20, 2008

                                            Here's a message I received from Jitske,
                                            the wife of Ron Meijer.
                                            Donald

                                            Hello Donald,
                                            Through you I would like to thank both you and all the Lasertankers for their kind words and actions regarding the death of Ron Meijer. We buried his body on the 4th of July in  radiant sunshine covered in his beloved flowers. His spirit, I'm sure, hovers somewhere. I wish all of you a playfull time on this earth and a loving life.
                                            Salut, Jitske