Re: [LarryLeadhead] Re: Why Am I being Channeled?

  • Eric Hotz
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 4, 2010
      An interesting note:

      I had a customer two months ago complain that he never received his
      game mat order. He resides in the UK. I assumed that since it had
      been almost two months since his order shipped that it must have been
      lost in the mail. He gave me his mailing address again, which
      matched what he originally gave us. It was a PO Box, or the
      equivalent. Four weeks later he sent back a note stating that he had
      received the replacement game mat. All is well.

      Two days later, I get a returned package from this customer. This
      would be the original game mat we sent him. I checked the address
      and it was the same one we had used... but... with one difference.
      Instead of his name being the recipient, he had used his wife's name
      because the payment went through her PayPal account. There was a
      notice stuck on this package from the UK post office which read:
      Recipient refused delivery.

      Be warned... do not use your wife's name or address when ordering
      miniatures/games/etc. In the end, I was out $16 on shipping for a
      problem that was not of mine, or the post office's, creation.

      --

      I also had an officer in the RAF order a game mat from me and he
      specifically stated that he did not want the mat sent to his PayPal

      E.H.
    • Doug Melville
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 4, 2010
        The bulk of my wargames purchases I have sent to my work address. This means I avoid any awkward discussions with "the civil power" as they are smuggled in, to be revealed later with protestations of:

        "these? .. why I have had them/it for years... it has been tucked away in the a) shed, b) study, c) basement d) gimp room..."

        One must be cunning however and ensure that at least some orders (the cheapest), are sent to the home address, as most wives are sufficiently attuned to wargamers to become irrationally suspicious when there have been no new purchases for an extended period (say... 7 days or so...)

        regards

        (Name withheld by request)

        > To: LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com
        > From: erichotz@...
        > Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:50:33 -0800
        > Subject: Re: [LarryLeadhead] Re: Why Am I being Channeled?
        >
        > An interesting note:
        >
        > I had a customer two months ago complain that he never received his
        > game mat order. He resides in the UK. I assumed that since it had
        > been almost two months since his order shipped that it must have been
        > lost in the mail. He gave me his mailing address again, which
        > matched what he originally gave us. It was a PO Box, or the
        > equivalent. Four weeks later he sent back a note stating that he had
        > received the replacement game mat. All is well.
        >
        > Two days later, I get a returned package from this customer. This
        > would be the original game mat we sent him. I checked the address
        > and it was the same one we had used... but... with one difference.
        > Instead of his name being the recipient, he had used his wife's name
        > because the payment went through her PayPal account. There was a
        > notice stuck on this package from the UK post office which read:
        > Recipient refused delivery.
        >
        > Be warned... do not use your wife's name or address when ordering
        > miniatures/games/etc. In the end, I was out $16 on shipping for a
        > problem that was not of mine, or the post office's, creation.
        >

        > --
        >

        > I also had an officer in the RAF order a game mat from me and he
        > specifically stated that he did not want the mat sent to his PayPal
        > address, but instead wanted it to go to his base in the UK, which I
        > promptly forgot and shipped it to his PayPal address, which was his
        > home address. He sent me a cold email soon afterward explaining how
        > I had added to his domestic woes since his wife discovered his
        > purchase. He did order again, a few month later, and this time
        > around I sent it to his air base address.
        >

        > E.H.

      • dave cooper
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 4, 2010
          Eric
          Gee so many gamers have to "hide" their hobby - talk about coming out of the closet,
          Course I have had similar experiences which happened when recent "flooding" revealed my massive back log of lead in my split level gameroom, even I did not realize how much lead
          I had until I tried to put it back.
          Dave.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 5, 2010
            The RAF officer should have changed his shipping address with paypal if he wanted it sent to another location. I changed my shipping address on my paypal account for several reasons in addition to keeping the head of my domestic residence happy. There was another house near ours with the same number and if something I ordered never showed up it was because it had been delivered there. Also, orders would arrive a day or two earlier at work than at my old address. We also moved this past year and I am not sure if orders would take longer to arrive at our new home.
            regards,
            Bill

            --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, Eric Hotz <erichotz@...> wrote:

            > An interesting note:
            >
            > I had a customer two months ago complain that he never received his
            > game mat order. He resides in the UK. I assumed that since it had
            > been almost two months since his order shipped that it must have been
            > lost in the mail. He gave me his mailing address again, which
            > matched what he originally gave us. It was a PO Box, or the
            > equivalent. Four weeks later he sent back a note stating that he had
            > received the replacement game mat. All is well.
            >
            > Two days later, I get a returned package from this customer. This
            > would be the original game mat we sent him. I checked the address
            > and it was the same one we had used... but... with one difference.
            > Instead of his name being the recipient, he had used his wife's name
            > because the payment went through her PayPal account. There was a
            > notice stuck on this package from the UK post office which read:
            > Recipient refused delivery.
            >
            > Be warned... do not use your wife's name or address when ordering
            > miniatures/games/etc. In the end, I was out $16 on shipping for a
            > problem that was not of mine, or the post office's, creation.
            >

            > --
            >

            > I also had an officer in the RAF order a game mat from me and he
            > specifically stated that he did not want the mat sent to his PayPal
            > address, but instead wanted it to go to his base in the UK, which I
            > promptly forgot and shipped it to his PayPal address, which was his
            > home address. He sent me a cold email soon afterward explaining how
            > I had added to his domestic woes since his wife discovered his
            > purchase. He did order again, a few month later, and this time
            > around I sent it to his air base address.
            >

            > E.H.

          • Eric Hotz
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 16, 2010
              A new Larry Leadhead will be posted in a day or two. I am getting
              over a flu right now, but should be feeling better shortly. This is
              the first time I have had a flu or a cold in almost 8 years, and only
              the third time I have had a cold/flu in over 21 years. Seems strange
              feeling sick -- I almost forgot what it feels like. At least it is
              not the much dreaded Swine Flu.

              E.H.
            • mltryhstrn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 16, 2010
                Hi Eric,
                Feel better soon. Does larry ever get sick? Would it stop him from going
                out to the club? From painting? How would the Mrs react to the way he handles
                being sick? I once had a broken arm. The first thing I di with my arm in a
                sling was to continue painting my latest project....
                Again feel better.
                Jerry

                In a message dated 1/16/2010 10:40:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                erichotz@... writes:

                A new Larry Leadhead will be posted in a day or two. I am getting
                over a flu right now, but should be feeling better shortly. This is
                the first time I have had a flu or a cold in almost 8 years, and only
                the third time I have had a cold/flu in over 21 years. Seems strange
                feeling sick -- I almost forgot what it feels like. At least it is
                not the much dreaded Swine Flu.

                E.H.

              • Gary richard
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 16, 2010
                  That would be a good cartoon; Larry aghast at being so sick he can't or even doesn't want to paint figures.

                  Gary Richard
                  Damn, its flat here