Re: oh what a thread we weave....

  • timothymyall1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2009
      Doug

      I thought you were writing about FoG. I bought a bucket of dice to play FoG and it is nowhere near enough...

      --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Melville" <dougmelville@...> wrote:

      <snip> And the hub to hub displays of T34s are impressive too.

      > Oh, and I almost forgot the 'more dice than figures on the table
      > syndrome'.
      >
      > (In fact there has to be a cartoon in that...
      >
      > Larry: "These rules are really great, and I have only had to buy and paint
      > a few figures to use them..."
      >
      > x: "So what's the drawback?"
      >
      > Larry: "I blew my whole Megagames budget for three months on the number of
      > dice I had to buy... "
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > Doug Melville

      <snip>
    • Doug Melville
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2009
        Wot me.. play FoG.. surely not... ;-)

        at the moment I am developing a 6mm obsession, so I have a zillion ancients for DBx, loads of other stuff, (Full Thrust, Napoleonic Naval, Pre-Dreadnought, WW1 15mm etc etc ) but I have been spending mainly on books and vast numbers of Baccus ECW and WSS, as well as CWC Moderns.. Now there's a game for buckets-o-dice... 5 Challengers fire into a flank at short range is 40 dice I think....

        cheers

        Doug