Red Tiger tanks

  • minisman202
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 14, 2009
      Red Tiger tanks???!!
      and no one has a comment??
      geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?

      at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!
      ...DH
    • Jon
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 14, 2009
        Depends on the Army. Soviet Union deep red, Angola more of a pink.
        Jon\

        --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202" <doug_hamm@...> wrote:

        > Red Tiger tanks???!!
        > and no one has a comment??
        > geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?
        >
        > at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!
        > ...DH

      • dave cooper
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 14, 2009
          Ex 40K player explains it all I am surprised they were not using GW hysterical warhammer rules - LOLOLOL French tanks would be yellow ;-)

          geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?

          at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!

          ...DH

        • Phil Wilson
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 14, 2009
            Hi Doug,

            Sorry,but I can only reply to messages I receive.If Yahoo can`t be bothered to deliver then people tend to be unaware of the thread.

            Be seeing you,

            Phil

            > To: LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com
            > From: doug_hamm@...
            > Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:47:03 +0000
            > Subject: [LarryLeadhead] Red Tiger tanks
            >
            > Red Tiger tanks???!!
            > and no one has a comment??
            > geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?
            >
            > at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!
            > ...DH

          • Graham Evans
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
              > Red Tiger tanks???!!

              Nothing special. We've all heard of the Pink Panther.

              Graham
            • Doug Melville
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
                Boom Boom.... time to get your coat Graham...

                Or the Black Panthers... Spotted Leopards, and of course - if it was red that wouild make it a Siberian Tiger.... tish boom... I'll get my coat too..

                Doug M.

                > To: LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com
                > From: grahamdevans@...
                > Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:55:43 +0100
                > Subject: Re: [LarryLeadhead] Red Tiger tanks
                >
                > > Red Tiger tanks???!!
                >
                > Nothing special. We've all heard of the Pink Panther.
                >

                > Graham

              • minisman202
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
                  --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Evans" <grahamdevans@...> wrote:

                  > > Red Tiger tanks???!!
                  >
                  > Nothing special. We've all heard of the Pink Panther.
                  >

                  > Graham

                  HA! Eric, you owe me that beer now
                  (I bet him we would see a comment about a "Pink Panther" in 5 replies or less) - I only thought about it after sending him the 'Red Tiger' caption -
                  good job, Graham! Thanks!
                • edgington52@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
                    He should have painted the Tigers orange with black stripes.

                    It seems I read somewhere online about a WWII gamer painting his Italian tanks Ferrari red.  Sadly (or perhaps not), Googling ""ferrari," "red" and "tank" only brings up Ferrari red ladies' tank tops, so I can't substantiate this.

                                                                                                                                                                                                     David Edgington

                    geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?

                    at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!
                    ...DH

                  • Eric Hotz
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
                      The anti-rust primer (called "Mennige") was used on German tanks and
                      was in common use in Germany until the 1960's. While supplies lasted,
                      the factory would also apply a dark yellow base coat over the
                      anti-rust primer, but in the last year of World War II, this base
                      coat became more and more scarce, or applied more sparsely, so a few
                      tanks did see combat in a "rust red". I read that the last Tiger I
                      rolled off the assembly line in August or September 1944, but I
                      believe the Tiger II was in production by this time onward.

                      E.H.
                    • timothymyall1
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 16, 2009
                        In a club where at least 1/3rd of the members play 40K NOTHING surprises me anymore. They had a game of 1946 a fews weeks back. This had Americans and Germans fighting Orc Space Marines and a Wearwolf army. No I am not joking. It was so strange one of the DBM players took photos and had them posted on the club website...

                        --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202" <doug_hamm@...> wrote:

                        > Red Tiger tanks???!!
                        > and no one has a comment??
                        > geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?
                        >
                        > at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!
                        > ...DH

                      • Gary richard
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 16, 2009
                          About 20 years ago when I was still trying to maintain an interest in 40K I put on a game that pitted Imperial Guard against my Sword and the Flame Zulu army.  The Zulus took over 90% casualties, but the survivors over ran the Rhino apcs.  Unfortunetly for them there was a slightly modified King Tiger right behind the Rhinos.  Haven't done much with either 40K or Sword and the Flame since.

                          Gary Richard
                          Damn, its flat here

                          In a club where at least 1/3rd of the members play 40K NOTHING surprises me anymore. They had a game of 1946 a fews weeks back. This had Americans and Germans fighting Orc Space Marines and a Wearwolf army. No I am not joking. It was so strange one of the DBM players took photos and had them posted on the club website...

                          --- In LarryLeadhead@ yahoogroups. com, "minisman202" <doug_hamm@. ..> wrote:

                          > Red Tiger tanks???!!
                          > and no one has a comment??
                          > geez guys, whats the point of joining this Yahoo Discussion Group?
                          >
                          > at least we can argue what shade of red it should be!
                          > ...DH

                        • Gary richard
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 16, 2009
                            And I just remembered - it had (well, somewhere out in the garage, has) green and - orange/red camo paint.  Ugh.

                            Gary Richard
                            Damn, its flat here