Flames of War

  • jmezz382
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      Anyone got any interesting tips .... collecting, painting, armies ?
    • Graham Evans
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        > Anyone got any interesting tips .... collecting, painting, armies ?

        Don't bother. Buy PBI from Peter Pig instead (www.peterpig.co.uk) and get
        his very fine miniatures & vehicles as well.

        Graham
      • william butler
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
          --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "jmezz382" <jmezz382@...> wrote:

          > Anyone got any interesting tips .... collecting, painting, armies ?

          for a better set of rules at a similar scale, try blitzkrieg
          commander. otherwise, it is up to you as to which army(ies) and
          theater(s) that you would be interested in.
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
            Contact Sean Cruz, cruz_sean@... or/or Pat Nix, jnix@...

            Sean moved to Spokane last year and has transformed the FoW community.
            He's organized quarterly tournaments and fairly large bimonthly gaming.

            Here's a look at his game at Tactical Solutions 2007:

            http://tactical-solutions-gaming.tripod.com/id12.html

            Sean is organizing a monster FoW game for Tactical Solutions 2008.

            For my money, this guy knows more about FoW rules, gaming and figures
            than anyone else. Plus he's an outstanding individual in many, many ways.

            Pat Nix is a long time Miniatures Gamer. Pat is the guy that always
            loved to paint first and foremost. He's never cared much about
            winning or loosing, just likes to put his figs on the table. It
            appears to me Pat started into FoW when it first came out and has a
            small group playing in Bozeman Montana. Where painting, converting,
            and collecting FoW figs is concerned Pat is an excellent resource.

            I personally am not a big FoW fan (there are other better rules out
            there) but I must admit I have had a good time every time one of the
            above has dragooned me into playing.

            Have a good time gaming.

            mjc

            --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "jmezz382" <jmezz382@...> wrote:

            > Anyone got any interesting tips .... collecting, painting, armies ?

          • Lee
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2007
              I have both, if I want more armour on the table then FoW but PBI is
              better for a 4x4 up close and infantry game, you can have some tanks in
              support!

              Lee