a new excuse to buy more?

  • minisman202
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
      Hello Kind Readers!
      Have you ever used the excuse to the Significant Other: "Of course, I
      need a new army. No, it is not like the others. It is like you and
      your many pairs of shoes. Each one is for a different occasion, and
      so I need other army for a different era." ??

      just wondering...........

      ...Doug Hamm
    • Eric Hotz
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
        I tried once, and only once... it didn't go over very well...
        applying logic to an argument with my x-spouse was a bad start to an
        argument.

        E.H.

        >Hello Kind Readers!
        >Have you ever used the excuse to the Significant Other: "Of course, I
        >need a new army. No, it is not like the others. It is like you and
        >your many pairs of shoes. Each one is for a different occasion, and
        >so I need other army for a different era." ??
        >
        >just wondering...........
        >
        >...Doug Hamm
      • THOMAS FUHS
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
          Last order, I took a page out of THEIR book of "shoe buying tactics". I bought the miniatures & put them in the closet for a couple of months. When I pulled them out & she asked, "Is that a new army?" I truthfully said, "These old things? Why, they've been in the closet for AGES."

          Tommy Fuhs

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
            --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202" <doug_hamm@...> wrote:

            > Hello Kind Readers!
            > Have you ever used the excuse to the Significant Other: "Of course, I
            > need a new army. No, it is not like the others. It is like you and
            > your many pairs of shoes. Each one is for a different occasion, and
            > so I need other army for a different era." ??
            >
            > just wondering...........
            >
            > ...Doug Hamm

            i have used the one where they were put away for a while. never tried
            the different shoes/armies for different occasions/periods argument
            though. fortunately my wife tolerates my hobby as long as i don't
            take out a loan on the house to buy more.
          • drathul@exemail.com.au
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
              Yep I've used the shoes defense before.
              My wife's shoe collect would give Imelda Marcos a run for her money!
              Fortunately for me I really don't have much trouble buying lead, I just go
              out and do it.
              When we built our new house I insisted on a large room to store and game
              in. I now have a 6x5 metre (thats 19.6 x 16.4 feet) room to game in so I
              can't complain.

              > --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202" <doug_hamm@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hello Kind Readers!
              >> Have you ever used the excuse to the Significant Other: "Of course, I
              >> need a new army. No, it is not like the others. It is like you and
              >> your many pairs of shoes. Each one is for a different occasion, and
              >> so I need other army for a different era." ??
              >>
              >> just wondering...........
              >>
              >> ...Doug Hamm
              >>
              > i have used the one where they were put away for a while. never tried
              > the different shoes/armies for different occasions/periods argument
              > though. fortunately my wife tolerates my hobby as long as i don't
              > take out a loan on the house to buy more.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Robert Sweeney
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 28, 2007
                Excuses....no. Whines, pleas, deceipt, trades, "honey do's" and out and out lying...yes - excuses no. She doesn't understand why I do what I do - she's kinda happy I do it in our basement (and not where "decent folk" can see) though.... :}

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 29, 2007
                  Shoes? My wife has a horse. I doubt the local mall has enough shoes in my wife's size that
                  total what that beast costs each month. I don't have to ask permission to buy a new army. I
                  am allowed to spend whatever is left in the bank at the end of the month, if there is any.

                  Joe
                  --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202" <doug_hamm@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Kind Readers!
                  > Have you ever used the excuse to the Significant Other: "Of course, I
                  > need a new army. No, it is not like the others. It is like you and
                  > your many pairs of shoes. Each one is for a different occasion, and
                  > so I need other army for a different era." ??
                  >
                  > just wondering...........
                  >
                  > ...Doug Hamm

                • timothymyall1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 16, 2009
                    I once tried to pursuade my wife that she needed a beautifully painted Spanish Reconquesta DBR army in 15mm for her birthday...

                    That did not succeed. It was a very pretty army though.