Re: [LarryLeadhead] A "Brian" in every group?

  • Derek Fulton
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2005
      minisman202 wrote:

      > It's interesting that most of our readers have a favorite character in
      > our cartoons. Wargamers have written us stating they can identify
      > with Larry, or they are the terrain builder of the club like Dan, or
      > they are the old man of the group like Edward. All except....Brian.
      >
      > Oh, you know Brian, that annoying, know-it-all twit. Eric and I had
      > to have him as juxaposition to the sweet Larry. We actually modelled
      > him after a gamer we know. But the question we would like to discover
      > is there a 'Brian' in every wargame group?
      >
      > Doug

      G'Day

      Yes, There is and he's called Brian to boot :)

      Cheers

      Derek

      --
      Derek Fulton.
      Tasmania, Australia.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2005
        Derek Fulton wrote:

        > G'Day
        >
        > Yes, There is and he's called Brian to boot :)

        Of course I should point out that after saying that, that there's a
        little bit of 'Brian' in all of us.

        Cheers

        Derek

        --
        Derek Fulton.
        Tasmania, Australia.
        http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/
      • Eric Hotz
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
          I find Brian to be one of the more interesting characters to place into a Larry cartoon. I
          think he is one of my favorites because we can easily write him into every cartoon that
          requires a villain/antagonist. We have to fight this urge because we don't want any one
          character to dominate the strip, with the exception, of course, of Larry and Steven. Many
          of the earlier cartoons depicting Brian are actual incidents that involved the person the
          character is based upon -- a frightening thought to Doug and myself whenever we are
          reminded. The truth is often stranger than fiction.

          --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202" <audminister@s...> wrote:

          > It's interesting that most of our readers have a favorite character in
          > our cartoons. Wargamers have written us stating they can identify
          > with Larry, or they are the terrain builder of the club like Dan, or
          > they are the old man of the group like Edward. All except....Brian.
          >
          > Oh, you know Brian, that annoying, know-it-all twit. Eric and I had
          > to have him as juxaposition to the sweet Larry. We actually modelled
          > him after a gamer we know. But the question we would like to discover
          > is there a 'Brian' in every wargame group?
          >
          > Doug

        • Belisarius
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
            --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Hotz" <erichotz@d...>
            wrote:

            > I find Brian to be one of the more interesting characters to place
            into a Larry cartoon. I
            > think he is one of my favorites because we can easily write him
            into every cartoon that
            > requires a villain/antagonist. We have to fight this urge because
            we don't want any one
            > character to dominate the strip, with the exception, of course, of
            Larry and Steven. Many
            > of the earlier cartoons depicting Brian are actual incidents that
            involved the person the
            > character is based upon -- a frightening thought to Doug and myself
            whenever we are
            > reminded. The truth is often stranger than fiction.
            >

            > --- In LarryLeadhead@yahoogroups.com, "minisman202"
            <audminister@s...> wrote:

            > > It's interesting that most of our readers have a favorite
            character in
            > > our cartoons. Wargamers have written us stating they can identify
            > > with Larry, or they are the terrain builder of the club like Dan,
            or
            > > they are the old man of the group like Edward. All
            except....Brian.

            > > Oh, you know Brian, that annoying, know-it-all twit. Eric and I
            had
            > > to have him as juxaposition to the sweet Larry. We actually
            modelled
            > > him after a gamer we know. But the question we would like to
            discover
            > > is there a 'Brian' in every wargame group?
            > >
            > > Doug

            My wife identifys with Larry's wife to the point that she wants a
            tshirt with the slogan I am Larry's wife.

            Brian not the Brian in the strip:)
          • djyuengling@att.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
              Oh Yes

              -------------- Original message from "minisman202" <audminister@...>: --------------

              It's interesting that most of our readers have a favorite character in
              our cartoons. Wargamers have written us stating they can identify
              with Larry, or they are the terrain builder of the club like Dan, or
              they are the old man of the group like Edward. All except....Brian.

              Oh, you know Brian, that annoying, know-it-all twit. Eric and I had
              to have him as juxaposition to the sweet Larry. We actually modelled
              him after a gamer we know. But the question we would like to discover
              is there a 'Brian' in every wargame group?

              Doug

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "LarryLeadhead" on the web.