      From: Laura Nowotny <miatacraze@...>
      Subject: RE: [LaredoHales] Re: Hale-Milmo Nexus
      To: LaredoHales@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 5:14 PM

      If you talk to him again...can you find out who is this Sarah?  Any known children?  My father was told by Thomas Robert Hale that his mother was Sarah Milmo and buried at La Mesa de Cartujano.  The Sarah buried at La Mesa is not the Sarah Milmo daughter of Patricio Milmo but she is a daughter of a Milmo.  My great-grand father also said that he had a half sister from his mother.

      Laura

      From: miatacraze@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:07:33 -0700

      Hi Robert,

      Well,  questions that I would ask would be the names of the milmos from Patricio's generation and the generation before him.  What he knows about the Hale & O'conors.  Ask about the Sarah Maria that is buried at the Mesa de Cartujano that was supposively the girlfriend of Santiago Vidaurri.

      BTW it's good to meet you.

      you cousin,

      Laura Hale Nowotny

      From: ExaminerHale@ cs.com
      Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 03:02:45 +0000

      I will comntact judge robert oconer in hoiston and ask

      From: Chris Pineda <pineda37@yahoo. com>
      Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <LaredoHales@ yahoogroups. com>

      Laura, or anyone else

      See if you can get more details about your family's story -- specifically, the O'Connor figure and what Milmo Bank and where.  This is new to me.  Was this bank started by Patricio Milmo, or another pre-existing Milmo relative in Mexico?  How were the O'Connors related to the Hales, and are there any O'Connor descendants aware of this?  And if there are O'Connor descendants, where are there and what are there names?

      Chris

      From: Gary James Hale <ExaminerHale@ cs.com>
      Subject: [LaredoHales] Re: Hale-Milmo Nexus
      To: LaredoHales@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 3:36 PM

      Tomas Hale having a mother that was a Milmo - no, I had not heard
      that before.

      --- In LaredoHales@ yahoogroups. com, Chris Pineda <pineda37@.. .> wrote:

      > Gary,
      >
      > My grandmother, Rebeca Cantu Hale, also told me the story about how
      Tomas Hale may have been involved with a Milmo girl, likely one of
      Patricio Milmo's daughters.  This is supposedly what got him kicked
      out of Patricio Milmo's household, where he was being raised for some
      unknown reason.

      > However, if I'm not mistaken, Laura and Savina are talking about a
      different story--i.e. that Thomas Hale's mother was a Milmo,
      specifically named Sarah Milmo.  Has your Oscar Hale side of the
      family heard that story before?

      > Chris

      should help.

      > As far as I know, Tomas' father was named James (on his marriage
      >
      > license it is listed as Jacobo but remember those names were
      >
      > translated by the church into and out of Latin, and into and out of
      >
      > Spanish - and he, like I, was by various family members referred to
      >
      > as James (and Jacobo), Santiago and other variations of the same,
      as

      > someone already mentioned.
      >

      > Yes, my family (Santiago and Oscar Hale side)had also heard about
      the

      > Milmo girl and Tomas (my mother who was a de los Santos told me but
      >
      > she could have gotten it from any of the Hales she obviously hung
      >
      > with after marrying my Dad. Dont' remember if Sarah was a specific
      >
      > mention or not.
      >

      > You also have to remember that Laredo was, and still is, a "Peyton
      >
      > Place" where "everybody knows your name" ... and your business ...
      so

      > this Hale-Milmo connection may have been another one of those worst
      >
      > kept secrets.
      >

      > I am still on the road today and checking in when I can, but I also
      >
      > want to share that I went to the Catholic cemetery in Laredo about
      10

      > years ago and went through their journals (yes, handwritten
      journals)

      > and I copied all Hale deaths since the cemetery started. Did I
      share

      > that list with you Chris? If not, I will attempt to dig it out,
      scan

      > it and share it with everyone. There were a number of Hale still-
      born

      > babies (2 were my mother's 1st and 3rd children) and little babies,
      >
      > and small children that died back in the day and they are listed. I
      >
      > always wondered which of the Hale families they came from - the
      list

      > may help us in many ways - I'm having gut feelings that some of the
      >
      > deceased may give us a clue into the Hale-Milmo connection ... GJH
      >

      > --- In LaredoHales@ yahoogroups. com, Adrian Pineda <arpineda@ .>
      >
      > wrote:
      >

      > > im looking at manifest archives. I've not seen Milmo yest but are
      >
      > we alsolooking for Thomas Hale and OConnor?  What was Thomas
      >
      > Hale'sdad's name?

    • Show all 133 messages in this topic