      From: Robert Garcia <robmucho@...>
      Subject: RE: [LaredoHales] Re: Hale-Milmo Nexus
      To: laredohales@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 7:41 AM

      Roel,

      No I was born in Brownsville and grew up in Mcallen and later moved to Corpus Christi.  I went to High School in Corpus Christi.

      Thanks

      Robert

      To: LaredoHales@ yahoogroups. com
      From: arpineda@swbell. net
      Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 04:08:25 -0700

      Robert,

      This is roel pineda son of rebecca cantu hale who is Lilia Hale's daugher'

      Hey Robert did you play basketball at united high school?

      Roel

      From: miatacraze@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:43:31 -0700

      Robert,

      About 10 years ago I had exchanged emails with a young man by the last name of Milmo.  I think he was related to Laura Hickman Milmo I wonder if he is the same guy.  This guy was the one that referred me to Patricio Guerra O'hart which is also a Milmo.  He had infact emailed me a copy of their geneology atleast a rough draft of it.

      Robert where do you live?

      Laura

      From: pineda37@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:23:08 -0700

      Hi Robert,

      Thanks for your email, and it's good to meet you.  I'm also glad to hear that you're meeting a Milmo with an interest in our history.  With respect to the website you mentioned, it's definitely an interesting account of the Milmos.

      But, if you're going to meet with Alberto Milmo, I'd suggest taking a few documents with you in addition to mentioning our family stories about the Hale-Milmo connection.  In brief, I think most Hale descendants agree that they've heard that Thomas Robert Hale (the progenitor of the Laredo Hales) was raised for some time in the Milmo household in Monterrey before he left or was kicked out, and made his way to Laredo.  Thomas Hale was born in 1856 in Monterrey and died in 1943 in Laredo.

      In addition, according to Thomas Hale's son, Fidel (by way of his descendants) , Thomas Hale's mother was a Milmo, and her name may have been Sarah Milmo.  Patricio Milmo had a daughter named Sarah Milmo, but she would have been too young to be Thomas Hale's mother, so perhaps there was another Sarah Milmo.

      There is also a family story, according to Santiago Hale's descendants, that Thomas Hale was kicked out of Patricio Milmo's household as a teenager because he was caught fooling around with one of the Milmo daughters.  Some have even said they heard stories that a baby may have been born as a result.

      Lastly, it's likely that Thomas Robert Hale's father was named James Hale, given how common the name "James" or Santiago" is among his descendants.  I mention these stories because they strongly suggest that the Hales and Milmos were related: almost all, if not all, Hale descendants have heard these stories or some variation from their parents, grandparents, etc.  So it's likely there's truth in them -- we just need to verify them.

      Here's a brief description of the documents that I think you should bring (all are attached).  Note that, although we're looking for documentation! on the Hale-Milmo connection, we have at least one document (see below) that specifically mentions such a connection.

      --Thomas Hale's 1874 marriage (mentions Monterrey as hometown)
      --Thomas Hale's 1943 death (mentions Monterrey as hometown)
      --1890 biography of Patricio Hale (mentions Hale cousins in Mexico)
      --Milmo family history (mentions rich uncle of Patricio Milmo in Mexico)
      --Milmo Bank history (mentions Patricio Milmo brought family from Ireland)

      Let us know what he says...we just want to know if they've heard similar stories or have other evidence of such a connection.  I look forward to hearing from you,

      Chris Pineda, MPP