dv9000 schematic rev: e

  • ardz10
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi everybody, does anybody know where I can get the schematic for a dv9000 motherboard model# DA0AT5MB8E0 rev: E. I have looked online but can't seem to find it. I have only found schematics for the rev: A1 version, any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      ar
    • Ardell Faul
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
        Have you tried this guy on Ebay?
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-Motherboards-Schematics-5000-PDFs-Pick-/300595054957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fcdc896d#ht_113762wt_1290

        He lists one for the DV9000, not sure which rev.

        For what its worth, 100 % of the DV9000;s that have come to me for a motherboard/noboot/no LCD video problem (about 50 or so of them in the last 2 years) have needed the motherboard reflowed.  I have set up an oven to do this, and have about a 95% success rate getting them to work properly again.  And I give a full year warranty on the reflow also, which I would NOT do if this wasn't the proper repair.  I don't know what good a schematic is going to do, but if you are having the common failures with yours, a reflow is what it needs.
        Ardell Faul
        Computer Monitor Service Inc.
        Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
        10816 E. Mission Ave.,
        Spokane Valley, Wa.  99206
        ardell@...
        509-891-5188

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
          Hi, the problem that have is, I have no voltage to the inverter and the backlight doesn't light up. I have 3V on pin 4 and 5V on pin 33 on the connector.but no light. I guess I'll have to contact that guy see if he can find it thanks Ardell.
          AR

          --- In Laptop_Repair@yahoogroups.com, Ardell Faul <ardell@...> wrote:

          > Have you tried this guy on Ebay?
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-Motherboards-Schematics-5000-PDFs-Pick-/300595054957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fcdc896d#ht_113762wt_1290
          >
          > He lists one for the DV9000, not sure which rev.
          >
          > For what its worth, 100 % of the DV9000;s that have come to me for a
          > motherboard/noboot/no LCD video problem (about 50 or so of them in the
          > last 2 years) have needed the motherboard reflowed. I have set up an
          > oven to do this, and have about a 95% success rate getting them to work
          > properly again. And I give a full year warranty on the reflow also,
          > which I would NOT do if this wasn't the proper repair. I don't know
          > what good a schematic is going to do, but if you are having the common
          > failures with yours, a reflow is what it needs.
          >
          > Ardell Faul
          > Computer Monitor Service Inc.
          > Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
          > 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
          > Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
          > ardell@...
          > 509-891-5188
          >

          > On 11/1/2011 4:14 PM, ardz10 wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi everybody, does anybody know where I can get the schematic for a
          > > dv9000 motherboard model# DA0AT5MB8E0 rev: E. I have looked online but
          > > can't seem to find it. I have only found schematics for the rev: A1
          > > version, any help will be greatly appreciated.
          > > Thanks,
          > > ar

        • John Peters
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
            What problem are you having with the board?

            John Peters
            Peters` Electronics
            Port Lavaca,Texas 77979
            361-552-4398

            ardz10 wrote:

            > Hi everybody, does anybody know where I can get the schematic for a
            > dv9000 motherboard model# DA0AT5MB8E0 rev: E. I have looked online but
            > can't seem to find it. I have only found schematics for the rev: A1
            > version, any help will be greatly appreciated.
            > Thanks,
            > ar

          • Ardell Faul
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
              Well, that is a typical symptom of the motherboard problem with the video chip that is real common and cured by a reflow of the motherboard and proper heat sinking of the cooling system on it.  If you shine a light into the display at an angle, you will probably not be able to see any video being displayed either, which will not be solved even if you get the backlight to turn on.  If you DO see video, then I would say it might be possible to fix the inverter issue and that will be all that is wrong.  But if there is no video, that means a larger problem.

              On 11/1/2011 6:07 PM, ardz10 wrote:

              Hi, the problem that have is, I have no voltage to the inverter and the backlight doesn't light up. I have 3V on pin 4 and 5V on pin 33 on the connector.but no light. I guess I'll have to contact that guy see if he can find it thanks Ardell.
              AR

              --- In Laptop_Repair@yahoogroups.com, Ardell Faul <ardell@...> wrote:

              > Have you tried this guy on Ebay?
              > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-Motherboards-Schematics-5000-PDFs-Pick-/300595054957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fcdc896d#ht_113762wt_1290
              >
              > He lists one for the DV9000, not sure which rev.
              >
              > For what its worth, 100 % of the DV9000;s that have come to me for a
              > motherboard/noboot/no LCD video problem (about 50 or so of them in the
              > last 2 years) have needed the motherboard reflowed. I have set up an
              > oven to do this, and have about a 95% success rate getting them to work
              > properly again. And I give a full year warranty on the reflow also,
              > which I would NOT do if this wasn't the proper repair. I don't know
              > what good a schematic is going to do, but if you are having the common
              > failures with yours, a reflow is what it needs.
              >
              > Ardell Faul
              > Computer Monitor Service Inc.
              > Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
              > 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
              > Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
              > ardell@...
              > 509-891-5188
              >

              > On 11/1/2011 4:14 PM, ardz10 wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi everybody, does anybody know where I can get the schematic for a
              > > dv9000 motherboard model# DA0AT5MB8E0 rev: E. I have looked online but
              > > can't seem to find it. I have only found schematics for the rev: A1
              > > version, any help will be greatly appreciated.
              > > Thanks,
              > > ar

            • ardz10
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
                Hi, this is not an nvidia issue the chip is working fine. I can see the laptop working with a light on the lcd plus it works with an external monitor. What happened was I was removing the lcd but didn't realized that the adapter was connected until it sparked and I ended up blowing up a transister or capacitor.

              • Ardell Faul
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
                  Oh bummer.  I probably have a junker board here if you need a part.