CD ROM problems

  • jwolf6589@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
      My laptop Featron FT-6000E is using a Toshiba XM-2402B CD ROM running Win95. The problems are that most of the time when the laptop runs a CDROM, the laptop reboots when the computer is loading the CD. Its like it gets too hot and just reboots without any warning. These same CD's run when I boot into MSDOS mode.

      These symptoms have been noticably bad after I took it into Fry's electronics. They never completed insalling a CMOS battery, and I had to take the machine to another shop.

      I have confronted Fry's about this, but they do nothing.

      Do you suggest that this is a CDROM or motherboard problem? Toshiba tech support says that the problem is with software. However, I renstalled their drivers, and Windows and still the problem remains.

      John
    • ralphspud@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        In a message dated 12/1/2001 8:32:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, jwolf6589@... writes:

        I have confronted Fry's about this, but they do nothing.

        I've been stonewalled by Fry's too.
      • jwolf6589@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001

          jwolf6589@... writes:

          > I have confronted Fry's about this, but they do nothing.

          I've been stonewalled by Fry's too.

          Does Fry's have a corporate office? By open door policy, they are required
          by law to not hold back giving out their corporate headquarters.

          John 14:6 ¶ Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
          comes to the Father except through me.