Re: Toshiba Satelitte Pro 420CDT password

  • andreicimpan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      --- In Laptop_Repair@yahoogroups.com, "gene_mat" <gene_mat@y...> wrote:

      > I received a Toshiba Satelitte Pro 420CDT recently and when I try to
      > turn it on the bios asks for a password. I can't find out what the
      > password was. Is there any way to reset the password or get around
      it?

      Try to build a "key disk" or a lpt "dongle". Search on google about
      how to build them.
      If any of those won't work, you'll probably have to open your
      notebook....

      good luck
    • jayhey69
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
        Check out this website:
        http://www.hddrecovery.com.au/DR_lost_passwords_1.htm

        If your computer has a parallel port, you can use the loopback. It
        basically requires connecting different pins on the parallel port. I
        used this successfully with a Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT. I simply
        stuck wires right into the port. On the web page above, the pin
        connections are mentioned just above the picture of the parallel port.
        Make sure you get the pins correct. The first time I did it, I
        actually did the mirror image of the connections, which did not work
        of course.